Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Just read on another site apartments are now open!!
Yeah they've opened afew of the apartments only about 10% this was done about 3 weeks ago now.
I was speaking to somebody from Tui Travel today and they informed me that they will be having their first guests arrive into these apartments on Saturday/Sunday!! So thats good news!!
cordial group e mailed me,although the apartments were ready a few weeks ago,they opened this monday once they recevied offical documents.
Hi has anyone been to these apartments this year, as i have heard that they are not yet finished. Also can anyone tell me where they are. Thanks
  • Edited by David 2008-09-01 19:23:43
    Merged with existing topic
Hi we are staying at these apartments next week . We have visted Morgan once for the day and loved it . Can anyone tell me were these apartments are, as we have been told 3 different locations. The only place i can remember is the Spar supermarket on the corner near the bus station. Any help please. :thanks
Hi Rizzo,there is quite a lot of info on tripadvisor as well.We were booked to go in Aug but had to cancel,hope to go next year though!
We are going to book these apartments for February and will probably book direct with Cordial as slightly cheaper than Thomsons plus if you have to cancel, as long as it is 2 days or more from the booking they only charge you 18 euros. We are not doing a "package" as nobody flies from Aberdeen to LPA in the winter so we have booked Globespan flights. My worry about the cancellation is that Globespan could pull the flights :cry

I am told there is a bus from the airport to Puerto Mogan, can anybody confirm? I am not keen to get a taxi as had an awful experience in a taxi in Tenerife a few years ago with a maniac driver.

The reviews on Trip Advisor for these apartments are all pretty good. Like the idea of the shower on the balcony!! :tup
It's a bit of a trip from the airport to P. Mogan.
It's about 50/60 euros by Taxi each way.
We are going to the apartments in January and although we normally book our holidays independently.
It was cheaper and more convenient to book a package.
With the flights accommodation food and transfers included.

We were there last year and were put into the Hotel next door as the apartments were not ready.
We had to get a taxi to the airport paid for by Thomsons.
The Hotel was lovely.

I don't no about a bus.
But I'm sure there would be, how long it would take I dread to think.

http://www.canaryforum.com/gc/bus.html
Charlie123

Thanks for your information and the link to the buses. Excellent.
I am thinking of booking the cordial morgan apartments in November. Are they completed, Thomson are sellling them, They say they have an outdoor shower, does this men none inside or what. How far are they from the Hotel and beach as my parents can't walk that far. Is the ares nice

cheers PAm
Pam

Yes the apartments are open. There are a few reviews on Trip Advisor which are all pretty good. There are alo quite a few pictures been posted as well.

With regards the shower, I must admit I thought the same as you at first but there are inside showers as well. The outside shower are a lovely idea so you can cool down/refresh whilst sunbathing on those huge balconies.
The Cordial Playa Hotel is right next door to the Cordial Valle apts.
Although very flat and safe it is a bit of a walk to the front for someone not to good on their legs.
It is a paved walkway with benches so you could rest on the way.
I would say it is no more than a 10 minute slow walk to the beach area then over the bridge and round to the harbour.
But there is a new Mall opposite within a few steps of the apts that when fully open will have shops bars etc.
When we were their last year there was a great Indian restaurant just opened ,a few shops including a supermarket and some small bars.
You can use the hotel at night.
As long as you are spending money I don't think they care.
There is a cocktail bar in the reception area and an entertainment room with stage and comfy tired seating down stairs, via a lift if need be.
They have some sort of entertainment each night, or they did last year when we were there.
The usual holiday stuff some good some not so good.
Mogan does not have a night life other than Bars and restaurants.
It's very quiet at night.
Thanks all for the info, really helpful. I've booked today and can't wait. It sounds just up our street i.e. quaint, tidy accomodation, nice places to see and chioce for eats/drinks.
We were looking at the Rui vistamar A/I to begin with but I spotted these and they seem more flexible.
It mantions the manmade beach with stones, what does that mean.

We have only booked Self catering because we like to go out to eat on most occasions. Can you pay to eat in the Playa Morgan hotel or rthe apartment restaurant (if open).

Any suggestions which rooms get the sun or distant seaview?

Any trips/places to visit in the day. Any bars/restaurants recommended.
One of the reviews mentions disabled access on the bottom floor. Is the bottom floor okay or are we better on a higher level.

cheers Pam
Hi Pam I have sent you a PM you.
Lyn

We have booked half board at the apts.
We are just back from 2 weeks in these apartments.
I have put my review in.
I have lots of photos and a map of the lay out of apartment numbers pools and lifts if any one wants a copy send me a PM with you email address and I'll send a copy off to you.
I don't think I can post them on here.
We had a good time.
Very modern very Ikea.
A bit of a maze.
We knew about the lift and floor problems before we went so asked for a room near to the reception. We had 330
The north part is quieter but further away from everything, up and down in lifts.
The south over looks the pool with the children pool and pool bar so noisier, but near to everything and more straight forward.
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to request an appartment at the Cordial Mogan Valle, ie certain block or floor. We've looking for somewhere quiet, ie not next to entertainment, people coming and going through reception late etc. Also, if it's on the south end nearer the sea, even better.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.