Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Xcaret Mexico
13 Posts
Bejay, xcaret admission and dolphin experience is $179.10 USD according to the website .
thanks, we have family going summer and are looking at the cheapest way to do that . Think Thomson trip is £78 Adult £39 child
3km up the road I am going to take a guess at about 50 pesos. I took several taxi rides from my hotel to another one and then to Puerto Adventuras for 90 pesos and that was more than 3km.
Check out their web site and decide what you want to do experience wise.

In 2007, We found that the excursion deal was as cheap if not cheaper than going ourselves and included meals and transport.
We picked the day that had the show on in the evening so it was a long day, too much taken up with watching some of the party having a Dolphin experience (which they thoroughly enjoyed).

The good thing about being close is you can take advantage of the cheaper second day tickets to go and repeat the bits you enjoyed and see the bits you missed.
That is if they still do them.

Don't forget Xel Ha as well which was a great day out and cheaper than Xcarat
I can't make my mind up if I want to go to Xcaret. Is it something that you go to only if you have kids? Is it Disneylandish? If we go, we would go in the afternoon and stay for the show in the evening.
We just went as a couple and we loved it, not Disney at all.
We love anything to do with nature and animals and it does tick those boxes but the show in the
night was pretty good too!
Would definitely do it again if we went to Mexico
thanks Steph :)
Are there any other trips you would recommend?
Hi Fiona,

Have you taken a look at http://www.xelha.com It seems to be along the lines of Xcaret but bigger and appears to have more to do. We are toying with the idea of going there, but will decide once we get there.

Best wishes,
Pat

ps Thanks for your reply regarding transfers!
well that' s given me more to think about :) i don't think we would be going to both. But if this is combined with Tulum it might be worth doing.
We did not do Xelha aswell so cannot compare the two for you.
The reason we did not do there instead of Xacaret was it was further away, it was so hot when we went that we just did not want to spend too long on a coach. Same reason why we did not consider Chichen Itza, everyone we spoke to who had been said the journey was just so long that it ruined going there. We were staying in Cancun by the way, so don't know what the journey time would be if you were staying elsewhere.
We did the swim with Dolphins on Isla Mujeres, out of this world. The Dolphins were in the sea and seemed very well looked after.They were actually breeding so that is a good sign.
We did a boat trip to Isla Contoy which is a breeding ground for frigate birds. We had a guide who certainly knew his stuff and we actually saw a snake, fed the massive wild iguanas with the salad from our barbecue and the best bit was swimming with a family of wild stingrays in the shallows. The island really was what I would call paradise, absolutely beautiful. For some people who don't like birds/animals and nature in general, this trip would not be for them, but for us it was perfect!
We did a jungle speedboat tour which was great fun, 2 man speedboat.
We also did a reps bar crawl which took in all the famous bars/clubs, very funny!
I know we also went snorkling over the Mayan reef but can't remember whether this was on the Jungle tour or another trip.
We loved all our trips and there were other things we wanted to do but got to draw the line somewhere. Time but mostly money prevents you doing more as although the trips were fantastic they were really expensive. You will have a great time x
Steph- that was quite a few trips you went on :) I know we will go to Chichen Itza as I want to try to see all the new 7 wonders of the world( although I'm not sure I will manage Peru). The boat trip sounds really good.
I haven't been great recently so we might be a bit more lazy than I would have liked but we must try a couple of trips at least. Thanks for all the information :)
When and where are you going fiona ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.