Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Michelle :wave:

Never stayed here so can't comment on the hotel, but is is the one that was called The Three Corners, guess that group must have sold it on.

Doe :sun2
Thanks Doe, thats sorted one of my theories out lol xx
We are staying here for 2 weeks in october. Recent reviews on TA are shocking to say the least. This is our first trip to egypt and rather than feeling excied I am filled with dread. Is it really that bad ?
I must confess i have changed my thoughts to the Oriental rivoli for 9 days £1000 in NB. Plus i didn't fancy travelling to a beach. That said though it was the beach issue that made us changed our direction, not the reviews. Please do not take everything to heart, for every bad one, there are guests who love it.

For example before we ventured to the sonesta beach resort 10 times it was quite low on the ratings, but as a lot know i got a lot of people going there and majority really liked it. The ratings went up. Since i switched to another hotel last year that was number 6 on another web site, i thought mmm must be some good. Alas i did not like it at all, cold food and not friendly like the SBR.

Another aspect to look at, some guests do not write reviews so where a hotel does not look that popular on that other web site does not mean it isn't good.

If you are really dreading it, specify to your travel agents for a switch paying the amended price. If however the reviews are about things you are not to worried about, then stick with it. Either way i am sure you will enjoy Sharm, i have been 11 times since 2006 and love it for a winter destination.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.