Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Not sure what happened to that brilliant map we used to have with all the hotel locations on it that was so helpful?

would this be them? http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=142889
Thanks Graham :tup I have had a good look through a couple of those but still cant locate it.

I'm thinking it might be an old hotel that has been gutted, refitted and re-named. Maybe the Pyramisa ? Either that or a completely new build, but can't think where. It's supposed to be in Sharks Bay, but I was at the Hilton in October & it wasn't there although techincially the Hilton is in White Knights Bay, so maybe the Sea Breeze is in Sharks Bay proper ? It's a puzzle.

It can't be the hotel that has being built next to the HSB for years as looking from the beach that seemed nowhere near finished.

I'm hoping someone will come on & say they stayed at such & such a hotel and the Xperience was next door, so I can get my bearings.

Doe :sun2
I've just had a read through a few of the reviews on TA for clues Chris and found one that says Sultan Garden and Sea magic are on either side . Im still none the wiser but obviously it may help if you can find either of those on one of those maps :)
Thanks Lyn, it was really good of you to read through those for me. :)

I am quite tempted on it and can get a better deal than I can for the HSB, plus as you know I quite like trying different places as well.

Xperience have taken over the St George Hotel and the Kirozene :oops: (spelt wrong) as well

Trouble with the maps is they have gone out of date, for example the Sunrise Island View is still called the Maxim Plaza on one of them and I think it has been the SIV ever since I have been going to Sharm which I think was 2006. So I dont reckon there is any chance of new hotels being on there.
I think it was pure luck more than anything else chris . I did a quick scan down and thought I'd just pick a few to read properly and Bingo .

It's on the sea by the looks of it which is a good start but I thought sultan garden was in Naama Bay .. maybe a different sultan or Im starting to lose it :rofl . Have you found it on the map yet .

Im just getting some prices now on HSB ... think I ought to book.. cant find it cheaper than the hilton web which means I've nothing to barter direct with them . £88 for a standard room but they will give us an upgrade . Might have a proper look at this one too .
Found it Lyn, thanks to you pointing me in the right place. :) On the first map.

It is on a tiny piece of land (no wonder I missed it) between the Sultan Gardens and the Sea Magic, but it has the correct name. I knew it was a small hotel, maybe 200 or so rooms, but if the map is anything to go by it's really small, dont know how I feel about that now. I want a single room, or a double that will give me single occupancy in for DD & a double for us & its one of the hotels that comes up

Loads of others as soon as you put 3 people they try and cram you in t one room even if you specify 2 and I dont want to mess about up call centres would rather do it all on-line.

The date I am looking at the HSB is 2336 and the Sea Breeze 1836 so a big difference, but then the later may not be in the same class, might take a chance on it though.
It certainly looks nice on their website Chris and it's big enough to cram 5 pools in . By the looks of it It's also very close to the sea which I like judging by this attractive photo :rofl http://xperience-hotels.com/front/content/HotelOverViewContentPage.htm?id=302
:rofl

I am wondering if it is cheap because the actual single room is a proper single that is a bit rubbish, whereas most singles at places like the Hilton Sharks Bay are actually doubles with some sort of weird halfway pricing stategy, but in effect you get a double to yourself?

I'm going to go on the first site in Grahams post and try and spot the 5 pools, sometimes a couple of them have to be taken with a pinch of salt as they are a jacuzzi or something foot bath sized attached to a main pool.

On the map it looks a tenth of the size of the Sultan Gardens, perhaps it's not to scale ? But if it is a satalite picture surely it must be to scale as it is real :rofl
Doe,I fancied this hotel but discovered that access to the sea is off a jetty.
Not much good to me as I cant swim. :rofl
I really prefer to go to Hurghada but as there are no flights from my local airport we may have to settle for Sharm.
I am now looking at Sultan Gardens because of the good reviews on TA and because of it being next to Soho Square.
I found a really good deal on Holiday Nights website but I am not confident to book on line.
Hi jay :)
I'm not bothered about the beach, i am assuming it will be like the one at the Hilton Sharks Bay and that did OK for me. :rofl although I imagine some people find it disappointing if they haven't been to Sharm and are expecting a conventional fine sandy beach, like the costas or the algarve.

You will probably be better at Nabq, didn't you go to the Holiday Village the year before I did ? Maybe you can get something up there, there seem to be a lot of hotels up there now. Pity about Hurgharda and the flights if that is what you really want. :(

I'm not sure, but will you be able to walk to Soho Square from the Sultan Gardens ?
I find it really confusing, as the hotels that to me seemed walkable to/from Soho Square were the Savoy, the Sierra (if that is the Savoy's sister AI hotel?), Sunrise Island View & Gardens and the two Concorde(s) plus the Hilton Sharks Bay.

Good Luck. Let us know if you book something.

I know youve probably already thought of this but If it's a brand new hotel and not one that has been totally re-done they must of squeezed it into a tiny space because I doubt much is left along the sea front chris .
Yes I have thought of that Lyn. It did look really small on that map :think Maybe they have crammed it in. Your link to the sea view :rofl room said it has about 270 rooms I think.

Although the original HSB is a lot smaller than the Rennaisance & the Crowne Plaza and it really didnt bother us, in some ways it can be nicer as it has a bit of a more of an intimate friendly feel to it. The main problem would be the AI restaurant at night if it was full (we mightg eat out anyway at night though) and getting a sun chair, but I cant see any hotel over there being 100% full for the forseeable future apart from the main Easter week, Spring Bank holiday & at the end of Ramadan when Eid falls, but I think Eid is the end of Aug this year so there is no way I would be there then too hot. I will probably be in Spain or similar lol.

Decisons, decisons.
Like you say chris .... Smaller can have a nicer feel and I wouldnt worry about it being full , think it's very doubtful .

I guess it comes down to how you feel about taking a gamble but I know you like a bit of variety :D Id certainly take a chance on it if I didnt have other considerations to ponder
I dont think it will have its own dive centre like the HSB, so you are best staying put I would say. Still no idea what to do. Hopeless.

I like a bit of variety made me :rofl
Hi Doe,Yes we did go to The Holiday Village in 2007 and loved it but didnt fancy Nabq in January because of the wind. It now looks like the January visit to Sharm is not possible now as I have to have a mole off my leg on Jaunuary 25th and we are dog/house sitting from Feb 9th.
We will now look for a Hurghada holiday from Gatwick after we have dog sat,as the house we look after is 20 miles from Gatwick. :tup
I agree, I think it is probably best to steer clear of Nabq in Jan and possibky even Feb as it is the windy part of Sharm. Good luck with the mole. I'm sure you will be able to get something for Hurghada from Gatwick at that time.

Still cant decide if to book this hotel or not, as its smallish (for Sharm) if I dont get my skates on it will probably be fully booked for when I am looking at!

Doe,Have you considered Hurghada?
Its a lot less hassle than Sharm and the hotels seem to be cheaper for the same standard as Sharm.
We loved it and there is a part,El dahar,where the locals live.
I have Jay, I would go to any of the red sea resorts Taba, el Gouna, Marsa, Hurghada, would love to go to Premier le Reve, but need to save up. But then i see a good deal to sharm and am attracted to it. I will get to all of them in the end I hope.
:rofl You're still be flying off 5 times a year from your care home chris if you want to get round them all .

Ok so if you havnt got anything else in mind take the gamble .. for us the diving at HSB is huge consideration for Dave and the lads and what we are there for . As tempting as it seems to go for something different and get round a few more I have to unfortunately consider them too . Shame . :rofl

Happy new year to you Jean and hope your op goes smoothly . X
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.