Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I've checked this price 3 times - We have a week AI over Easter to Sharm - much cheapr that EJ, for £1414 for 2 people, with Thomsons - that's AI not just flights - a bargain I think :que
I guess it depends on what standard of hotel you go for Lyn's £3000 for 5 people seems cheaper than £1415 for two people if you pro rata it down. £600 each as opposed to £700 each.

I guess £100 per person doesn't make much difference if there are two of you, but when there are five I would be booking with easyjet and getting the two rooms direct as well.
It does sound a lot Helen but I know from past experience of checking package prices that it would cost me near 4K to do it that way. The flight's are the biggest cost and I know I will get the accomodation of my choice for around £1000 although I may have to work harder as I won't be able to barter like I do with the Hilton :rofl . I also like the flexibility of having 8 nights and not 7 . Just an extra night makes a big difference when my lot are diving every other day. They get an extra day to chill.

The 4K is a major under estimation . Nearer 4.5 now for the Easter week we have to take due to industry standard holiday over easter.
I did look on Travel Republic last night Lyn who I know aren't the cheapest but have obviously been around for sometime, incase I decide to do similar with an EJ flight and accommodation only.

I was also checking for two rooms, but different occupancy to you ie two in one room and another room with single occupancy, all the hotels I looked at we're AI.

The prices were variable of course, but seemed OK. The Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay (was that the one you fancied?) was cheaper than the Three Corners Ocean View at El Gouna for the week I looked at. Can't remember if you have to pay it all upfront though, so that could be a downside.
No they are not the cheapest of hotels Chris . hotels4you (thomas cook) are the cheapest at the moment at around 1400 for both I think but I wouldn't t be happy commiting to that at this stage because the last 2 years prices have come right down . Just checked and I paid £1021 at the hilton this year . In comparison to a package Ocean view £4035 and £4435 for the sunrise royal . As it's sold as an adult only I've emailed OV to see if they will accept a 16 yr old first.

At the very worst we still stand to save a min £500 , hopefully more if I can find a hotel to barter with but I'd forgotten about transfers and of course have the £10 taxi cost of sharm in my head.

im going to look at marsa Alam as well . Didn't you say there was a new hilton being built there??
I think the Hilton at Marsa Alam is already up and running Lyn and is supposed to be lovely. I guess you know that there is a Hilton in Hurghada itself, not that I know anything about that one.

Perhaps EAsyjet do transfers? Don't know if Pat has been on here lately but I think she may know how to go about organising private transfers at a reasonable cost, Makadi Bay and El Gouna are both about thirty mins from Hurgarda airport, just in different directions.

Forgot about hotels4u, I think you are right to wait on booking the hotels, there are an awful lot of hotel rooms out there, the supply for outstrips the demand so prices tend to weaken the closer to the date you go, you might be able to cut an attractive deal.
Hmm just thought Marsa Alam has it's own airport so probably a bit of a treck there. Think I will stick with the sunrise and OV and assuming for nowOV will have George I'll monitor the prices of those two. Im resonably confident I can get it cheaper. Lol would of been cheaper to go back to the hilton but they are dived out with sharm now and need a change.
Yes I think it is a long transfer to Marsa Alam from Hurgarda maybe two and a half hours. I guess some do it thoug who really like Marsa Alam and the diving there, as the only other option left that seems to fly into Marsa Alam airport is the package tour company Thomson.

The transfers would cost you a fortune especially if you end up needing two cars. :(
I can't imagine the TCOV would have any problems booking a 16 year old, you could email them and ask though save wasting time pricing it up if they are over eighteens only, really can't see why they would, silly to turn away business.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.