General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
we have been on the edge of it all day.. started just before 9am and hasn't stopped only light but now accumulated another inch and half on top of yesterdays forecast to continue till just after midnight, temps now dropped 2 deg on the day time ..now minus 4 and dropping possibly to minus 7 again
Hi Glynis,

We live in Romford (about 5 mile from Ilford) and it has been snowing all day, although stopped about 30 mins ago. Only seen1 gritter out today, but thankfully roads are clear so hubby and son should be able to get into work tomorrow without any problems.
hi all we awoke friday morning to heavy snow which continued till around 2pm. no chance of getting to work on friday.
sat and sun no more snow but very cold and frozen snow/ice on minor roads.
we had about 6 inches in some parts.
oh yea we live in south east wales(newport area)
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Hubby's working in Ilford Doe and said it was snowing there this morning too. We haven't had any today and what we've got is starting to thaw but the BBC online did say we were to have heavy snow overnight.

Hi Glynis :wave:

Shortly after I posted it started again here (London/Essex borders) stopped now but we have about four inches laying which is a lot for us.

Seemed odd seeing it so snowy at White Hart Lane though as that is such a built up part of London, but I guess out on the roads and pavements there it might not have settled I was just going by the amount that seemed to be coming down on the pitch/players which might be misleading I guess.

I would imagine big roads like the A13 and A12 are OK due to sheer volume of traffic.

Doe :sun2
Hi Doe,

Hubby was on Essex part of the A12 and A13 this afternoon ... yep, they were clear.

Pat
Hi Pat :wave:

That's good to hear for all those who need to use them for work tomorrow, the snow is lovely here looks like Narnia but I do feel for those who have to go to business. I'm not working till Wednesday and am hoping things will be a bit easier by then.

Doe :sun2
Hi Doe,

Think forecast for down here tomorrow is for light flurries in the afternoon ... thinks it's heading up North.

Off topic .... and I hope you don't mind me asking, but what part of Essex do you live in?

Pat
We have had the occasional flake here (and I mean very occasional) just south of Glasgow but it looks like we are going to miss it if the forecast is right. I have 2 very disappointed girls who still haven't been able to use the sledges they got for Christmas 2011.
pat wrote:
Hi Doe,

Think forecast for down here tomorrow is for light flurries in the afternoon ... thinks it's heading up North.

Off topic .... and I hope you don't mind me asking, but what part of Essex do you live in?

Pat

I've pmed you Pat :)
Woken up to over an inch of snow and still coming down.
aren't you the lucky one, we got a dusting if you could call it that... cold though
spoke too soon ..light snow falling here now
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
spoke too soon ..light snow falling here now

and up here but I don't expect it'll do much.

Darren
no snow here, just a nice winters morning
Quite heavy here in Newcastle it keeps stopping and starting but there's at least 3 or 4 inches on the paths.
It was about the same here in Sunderland,quite deep,but at the coast there was none. :que
Ours (Middlesbrough) soon disappeared, but we don't seem to get it as bad as our northern neighbours Sunderland/Gateshead/Newcastle, maybe because we have the Cleveland hills surrounding us :que

Today it's grey with very fine snowfall.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.