General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
We had about an inch in parts of the North West sunday evening but it soon melted and had pretty much gone by lunchtime today other than on high ground. Pretty boring really!

Darren
North East had snow this morning but it took it's time to lay due to the ground being wet from the last little snowfall during the night. It's all more or less turned to slush at the mo.
In Glasgow, very cold but no snow and hope it continues this way, I hate driving in snow.

Linda
The cold has been here for some time, we did have snow this morning but soon went although forecase more for tonight - Kent
We travelled from Brighton this morning back up to the North East and the only place that seemed to have snow was west Yorkshire.
The M23,M25,M1 ,M18 and A1 were clear!
We were dreading the journey after seeing the weather reports but got back without any problems, :tup
Just south of Glasgow we have no snow but there is a dusting on the hills to the north of the city and the mountains to the west are covered.
no snow or frost here in South London this morning, quite a pleasant morning really.
We've had a lot of snow falling today. Rumour has it we are to have -4deg tonight which is going to turn everything to ice. At the moment we have fog.
we didnt take the second bout of snow that was offered for last night, had a slight thaw this morning, forecast for tonight minus 5 to minus 7
welll after last nights Minus 7 its been a warm bright day, temps peaked at MINUS 3 an hour or so ago and now started to drop again.... roll on the end of the month... Cyprus should be a tad warmer
Ground's pretty firm but the sun's out here too :sun2
Looked out in the garden and the cobwebs on our satelite dish look like string :lol:
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Ground's pretty firm but the sun's out here too

Can you send some sun down here please Glynis! I was at Manchester Airport at the crack of dawn on the promise of some sun but it never materialised (thanks Metcheck!). It was -2c, not as cold as forecast probably thanks to the blanket of cloud but all the motorway signs are warning of severe weather for the area for Friday. That'll probably mean 0.5 inch of snow but the Met Office must be worried as we don't normally get all these warnings.

Stay safe all,

Darren
It's been bright and sunny all day, there is no snow although the hills around the loch are all covered and do look lovely in the lowering sun at the moment.
light to moderate snow started at 8-45 revised forecast said it would clear us by 2pm.... :think

still snowing at 3-45 :que
We've had light snow for most of the day and have a thin covering, nothing too major and not enough to build a snowman yet! The southern and higher parts of the north west have had a couple of inches though.

Darren
Same here Darren just a light downfall. We've still got some of the old snow/ice though so it's just sitting on top of it.
This snowfall is odd, I guess it has to start and end somewhere?

Due to being stuck in the lounge with others and subjected to sky sports I can see it is snowing like crazy in Tottenham which is maybe 10 miles away (as the crow files) and snowing in Chelsea which is probably 20 miles away, yet it stopped here about 4 hours ago, even though we have three inches laying :que
Hubby's working in Ilford Doe and said it was snowing there this morning too. We haven't had any today and what we've got is starting to thaw but the BBC online did say we were to have heavy snow overnight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.