Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi there. We stayed at Seashells last April. It's a lovely hotel and we would stay there again. We went All Inclusive and found the food pretty good, although like most ai's got a bit samey after a few days.

It's very central,- bus stop across the road, and lots of places to eat out reasonably both in the immediate area and close by in Buggiba.

Let me know if there any specific questions you have and i will try and answer them.
We are thinking of Malta for next summer also. While i really want to go back i think it will be too hot at that time of year. Dh and DD like it pretty hot but i dont cope so well

I believe it could be mid thirties in july/august. :really
Thanks Suncatcher; we're still at the looking stage, but Seashells seems to tick a lot of boxes - am I right in thinking the main pool is a lido type affair, across the road, or is it integral to the hotel? The hotel website pix don't make it clear. Thanks
The pool is on the other side of the road however it is an integral part of the hotel and is connected to the hotel underneath the road and has a spa and restaurant located there so it all appears as part of the complex.

If you do go ask for a high floor with a sea view, the back of the hotel doesn't get any views other than across Qawra while the front looks out over the sea and across Salina Bay and out on to the Med and up along the promenade.

The promenade is a nice walk along round in to Bugibba, there are some nice small cafes to sit at looking out to sea, past the square which is the liveliest area and then further on round in to St Paul's bay, if you are in more of a rush you can walk up past the hotel and up over the small hill and straight in to the heart of Bugibba very quickly, not as scenic though.

If you head in the other direction you will come to an area called Kennedy Grove which has a monument to JFK and has been transformed with a tree planting project and is now turning into a nice park area that is much larger than it was originally.

Temperature wise it can get up to the high 30s low 40s in July & August so it is hot however you might have a small breeze to keep you cool.

The area has a good bus service operated by Arriva and the main terminal is up the back not very far from the hotel, best to buy an unlimited travel all day ticket at €2.60 or a seven day ticket at €12.00

Graham
Hi Doonhamer. Graham has beaten me to it. Hope you have all the information you need to make a decision.

I'm still thinking about august. We've been to the canaries in july and that was hot!! I suppose

We would be looking at similar tempartures.
Yeah, we've been to Egypt & Cyprus the last 2 summers, so...
doonhamer32 wrote:
Yeah, we've been to Egypt & Cyprus the last 2 summers, so...

If you're used to those temps, Malta wont be a problem then.. :cheers
I'm still thinking about august. We've been to the canaries in july and that was hot!! I suppose

We would be looking at similar tempartures.

Suncatcher I have found that in August it is vey hot particulalry in land a bit away from the coast where you have a slight breeze from the sea, areas such as Mdina and Valletta are VERY hot and the south down around Marsaxlokk is a bit more humid, further north around Mellieha again is slightly cooler and a pleasant heat although still hot.

Temperatures CAN get up to the 40's as they have this year however they are normally a bit lower than that as you mentioned around the low-mid 30's, a bit higher than the Canaries and a good bit lower than Egypt which is just a bit too hot :tongue
Ive noticed that your 1st choice the Coastline is available with Chevron but they are advertising it during our winter months.
The Coastline is an ok hotel however it is a SAGA hotel and aimed at that market during the main summer season, it is very isolated being located on the coast road around the opposite side of Salina Bay and overlooks the Med and across to Qawra.
If you wanted to walk from the hotel it is a fair old walk in to Qawra and Bugibba although the hotel has a shuttle bus (I don't know how often it operates) and there is a bus route and a stop just outside the hotel.
Graham, we stayed at the Coastline just before the agreement with Saga started, and the staff were so helpful with my wife's dietary requirements, among other things. We enjoyed our time there, and actually preferred the peace & quiet, compared to St Julians where we'd been before. I know Qawra & Buggiba will be busy, but if the hotel's OK, we might go with it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.