Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
That reminds me of April. We left Kingstork for our night out. When we got back, we couldn't get in to the hotel- there was no road left!! They had decided to rebuild it, which meant leaving a 15 foot gaping hole where 30 foot of the road used to be. Our hotel entrance was at the end of where the road used to be. OH had to climb over the wall to get in and to open the bar entrance for me.
just glad i have been to Goa a few times and know what lies in store. if i was a first timer and saw that, i would be having my doubts. at least it might slow down the traffic
I wonder if the Goan's have actually sued the local Panchat, when they have fallen down a hole. Or hasn't the compensationculture reached India yet :D :que :rofl :rofl
Calangute (Baga Road) is still a bit messed up near Infantaria, and heard the Baga Bridge is also a construction site... Will see if I can get an update soon.
:rofl It was bad enough with the cow in the middle of the 'roundabout' by Infantaria without anything else.
Here's some newer photos which I took yesterday.....

Photos from Baga Bridge, Baga, Bridge, Calangute Beach (Near Big Banana) and Calangute/Baga Road near Infantaria.

http://www.poipleshadow.com/Calangute-Baga-Nov-2013.htm
Great photos, Rob. Thanks for posting.

I should think even the cows will be writing to complain to the transport minister! :que
Glad you liked the photos, not really getting much time to come online as been so busy with one thing or another, I thought the pictures would interest people, thankfully I don't drive down there very often so doesn't effect me, but it would drive me insane if I was a taxi driver! (Or a cow)
Hi all took a tuk tuk to Mackies & Back to Calengute,felt like a very rough Thai massage :yikes Apparently they are doing the whole road Baga to Calengute
They are going to do the road through the season time?? If that happens it will be mayhem! We will see....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.