Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Packed and ready
15 Posts
I know you'll have a great time Brian so make it an even better time than normal :cheers
:sun2 Have a great time! Enjoy the sun.
Welcome to Cyprus, Brian.

We went and had lunch at the beach today.
Curium beach in Limassol, a cold Keo, halloumi & lountza toasted sandwich with some fab scenery.

Ohhhh, life is good! :cheers
Hope you have a great time wizard we got a long wait till dec before we go (((
Good Morning [Kalimera] All

thanks for the welcome Shell

well after 39 hrs without sleep [we didnt go to bed sat night as we had a 3 am taxi booked] I sleped like a log last night, now i await the pendle witch [she is having breakfast] on the balcony overlooking the azure blue sea,in the bright [and i forgot my sun glasses] very bright morning sun,
Kalispera Brian,
Have a great time :glynis
Yesterday was a Grot day, rain till early afternoon, today is absolutly briliant about 22 deg bright sunshine,we were going out today but jean has travelers tum, we hope to go down the harbour again tomorrow
That will teach you to go to the "ghetto" Brian. ;)

This was us down on the grass by the beach yesterday afternoon at the Cyprotel Poseidonia Beach Hotel in Limassol. Today was very still with hardly any breeze at all too. But there had been some rain in the early hours as we could see the roads were wet when we got up this morning.

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c66.0.403.403/p403x403/539793_10151429706167431_1266965162_n.jpg

We booked a couple of nights on half board at the same hotel as my parents without telling them. Back at home now and all back to normal.

Hotel was okay but nothing to shout about.
One for Brian taken yesterday afternoon near the old port at Limassol seafront:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8226/8479536886_9aaa04df6b_z.jpg

More photos here on my flickr account.

My parents are here until 6th March so we're doing a bit of "out and abouting"
My parents are here until 6th March

you have lucky parents...

for our next trip [which will probably be 2/3 yrs if i get a job] we were looking at going back to the east coast, but looking on google earth at the amount of development between Kave Greko and the green line i am having Doubts if we will find that little bit of traditional Cypriot experience we prefer,

did you see my thoughts on our last holiday in the CM letters page last week?
If your surname begins with "W" I think you may find I "pressed" it on my CyprusLifeinpicture wordpress blog under Letters on Cyprus category here: http://wp.me/p1uja5-1Ql

I was also asked what my own thoughts were from one of my Facebook friends and this is what I replied:
We were in Paphos around the 3rd week in November for a couple of days and I have to say I do agree with the comments although I can't say I saw lots of property adverts in Mandarin.... The Russians have been buying property in Cyprus for several years so that's no surprise. However, we did notice many places (shops, bars and restaurants) are either closed or empty but it's the "norm" that a number of places close for the winter months but not usually before Christmas.
Paphos has never really appealed to us as a permanent residence - it has the wrong "feel" for us. A bit like living in a holiday somnambulance and that isn't what we needed at our age. We're still too young for the retiree expat lifestyle that seems to be quite particular to Paphos.
I'm glad we chose Limassol. Neither of us feel we would still be in Cyprus 9 years later if we had chosen Paphos.
I thought it may have been you when I read the letter in the Cyprus Mail. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.