General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I get a very cheap conditioner and slather that over my hair during the day while in the sun. That does the job for me.
Avon have a really good offer of a new product. Sun protecting spray, intense conditioner and sun protecting shampoo all for a fiver and they smell good. I got the Boot's no7 spritzer last year and attracted the population of Benidorms waspy things :evil: :evil: Couldn't use it :evil: So fingers crossed for the Avon stuff :lol:
I got a Malibu SPF15 hair and scalp spray for £1.79 from Bodycare. Might try it at home first - SPF15 isn't very high really.
Ah yes but if you weren't wearing something to protect your hair would you cover your head in suntan lotion? I guess it depends how thick your hair is.
i started reading this post thinking ooh ill get down to boots and try that spray if its bogof to relaise this post is over a year old! :(
ill have a look see what offers are on this year
I've just realised how old this post is too! :idea:
It's still useful though. I'm going to get hubby the Soltan for his thinning ginger hair, and my dyed hair. He usually wears a hat, but his head sweats, his hat gets wet, and he gets a rash on his forehead with it where his hat touches the skin.
Ah yes but if you weren't wearing something to protect your hair would you cover your head in suntan lotion? I guess it depends how thick your hair is.

I always put suntan cream down my parting as I always seem to burn there first, I don't like sunhats 8)
As someone who colors her hair, I've found the sun does change the hair color if you're out in the sun a lot. The salt water and freshwater pools will also negatively affect your color. When I came home from a long cruise and spent a lot of time in the sun, my hair changed from a honey blond to a platinum ---I've never had hair so light. Wear a hat and if you're going swimming, wet your hair in the room and comb conditioner through your hair and don't rinse it out until you shower after being in the pool. Got that tip from my hairdresser.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/62/b7/c5/62b7c5ed124b6c6dc60fbf9a94f683fe.jpg
  • Edited by Fiona 2020-07-22 19:37:57
My hair doesn't seem to change colour, but it does seem to grow twice as fast! Probably lighter hair changes colour more easily.
"if you're going swimming, wet your hair in the room and comb conditioner through your hair and don't rinse it out until you shower after being in the pool. Got that tip from my hairdresser."

You should shower before you get into the pool to remove sun lotion and hair products, because they leave a grease slick floating on the surface that builds up and it causes extra cleaning..... and it's not nice for other people using the pool.

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.