Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
No duty free in/to/from Cyprus when you are travelling within the EU I am afraid.

Don't recall a perfumery in umpteen visits, but don't doubt I will be corrected if there is one somewhere...

Ady
No point buying from at Gatwick as all you save is the VAT.

However there are pretty good savings to be made at Larnaca airport on the way home. There are shops in Ayia Napa that sell perfumes but to be honest the biggest savings generally are made at the airport and the choice is very, very good.
Stayed at Protaras last year and didn't see a perfumery - unless one has opened this season. I bought my perfumes at the airport on the way home, and the prices were well below the shops in the UK. I agree - don't bother buying in this country.
many thanks everyone for replying - i think (as you all say) is to wait until the way home and to buy items at larnaca. the only thing is is that we have a 2am flight so dont know if the stores would be open.

but thanks anyway.
The duty free at Larnaca airport will be open. Last year my flight was 3am and the duty free and the little shop next to it were both open.
The bars in the departure lounge weren't but in some ways that was a blessing as I had had a few during the evening in Protaras.

Hey mdaly, not long until we go now.
cardiff lad - im sooooo excited now. cant wait to have a greek salad with feta cheese and olives, yum yum. have just seen a greek yogurt ice cream with honey advertised on tv might have to get some this week and get in the mood lol!

thanks for the advice bout the airport - will definately wait and have a spending spree at the airport on the way home.

and yes i agree with you it was prob a good idea the bars were closed as i would imagine that you had had enough during your two weeks anyway lol.

counting down now - 5 weeks 5 days!
Well my countdown is a week less than yours of course.

They sell those Greek yoghurts in Boots, i've tried them before.

I'm getting myself ready for the Keo by drinking it here thanks to a delicatessen in Cardiff that suddenly gets a lot more business from me.
Mdaly1, I always buy my perfume from Manchester Airport,its not duty free its tax free and its a great saving to buy it at the airport.There is a shop is Protaras thats sells perfume,its more like a chemist but it does sell perfume,its down the end near Nicholas Taverna,although I would say becareful,I always use Clairins suntan lotion,its an oil free spray and I ran out,so I looked in the shop and they had it so I bought it,well we couldn't use it,it smelt burnt and really turned our stomach,don't know what was up with it.....
keels 71 - sounds like it had gone off to me. will be careful - thanks for the advice!
There are several perfumeries and cosmetic shops located in Protaras, and it's possible that you may find the specific products you're looking for at one of these stores. You may want to try searching online for perfumeries in Protaras or asking your hotel or accommodation for recommendations. Alternatively, purchasing perfumes at duty-free shops in Gatwick can also be a good option. Duty-free shops often offer a wide selection of perfumes and other products at tax-free prices, which can be significantly cheaper than buying the same products at regular stores. It's worth checking the prices of the perfumes you're interested in at the duty-free shops to see if you can get a better deal there. Ultimately, the decision of where to purchase your perfumes and other products will depend on your preferences and priorities. If you're looking for convenience and a wide selection of products, duty-free shops may be the way to go. However, if you prefer to shop in person and want to support local businesses, exploring perfumeries in Protaras could be a good option.
See: https://websitelegitchecker.com/is-microperfumes-legit/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.