Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
On 11th February 2005 at 06:38pm, cazza1 said:
I wonder if anyone can give me any advice.
My husband and I are booked with first choice to go to Cancun on 22nd. Feb.
We paid £299 each for premium seats, today I had a call from our travel agent saying that premium has been overbooked and we no longer will get the seats !
The explaination was that they had anticipated that the new aircraft would be taking us, but it is not yet ready, so had therefore overbooked.

When I asked why us?the answer was that we were one of the last to book premium, so the first to miss out! They will refund our £299, but when I asked about cancelling was told I would lose all my money !

My husband is 6ft 7 inches tall and a big man, we would rather not go at all.

Any advice please, I have invoices showing we paid for premium, surely they have broken the contract and should refund us?
Your concern about the seating arrangements for your upcoming trip to Cancun is understandable, particularly given your husband's height of 6ft 7 inches. It is unfortunate that the premium seats you had paid for have been overbooked due to unforeseen circumstances, and the travel agent has offered to refund the cost of the premium seats. However, you are concerned about the contract and believe that you should be entitled to more. It is important to review the terms and conditions of the booking to understand your rights in this situation.
  • Edited by jbnjbjb 2023-05-03 11:29:51
    changing
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.