Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Yes, some of the resorts are windy - those on the west coast but this is the side of the island with the worst beaches.
For great beaches and nightlife take a look at Lindos. There's a fabulous choice of restaurants and bars and nightlife can be as relaxing or lively as you want it to be. Can get very hot high season so just make sure you pick accommodation with a/c and you'll have a great holiday! :sun
Thanks for that Marcus,
will get the brochures out again and take a look at Lindos. Glad it's hot! Just what I like- I always book accom with air conditioning. Do you normally go self catering or meals provided. We have tried all sorts. Went all Inclusive last year, but think it'll be self catering or half board this time. Thanks again. 8)
Definitely self catering! The big hotels are too far out and there's so many great restaurants in Lindos (many with roof terraces to take in the views) it seems a shame to be tied to a hotel for meals.
try Lindos Shirley, quite different from other resorts, no traffic in the centre, small streets, little shops, lovely roof top restaurants, some great views of the Acropolis. The beaches are great just a bit of a steep climb back up from them but ok. We would certainly consider going back.
Thanks,

Lindos is definitely one to add to my list of possibilities, along with Kalamaki in Zante and San Steffanos in Corfu. LIndos is looking the more likely of the three as I've already been to the other two islands.

I also like self catering Marcus, as you say it gives you a lot more scope for the evenings. We enjoy trying out different local foods and wandering at our leisure in the resort. :sun
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.