Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi motherger, we are a party of 6 adults and 4 kids aged 11 12 14 and 15 travelling to the sun tropical in august. The kids want to go karting and also go to a waterpark, the adults would like to have a boat trip with lunch included. Where would be best to book these? We are also concerned that there wont be much going on outside hotel. Last year in cyprus there was 1 bar and 1 shop outside hotel and that was it, hoping at least we can go outside to find shops, bars and restaurants. Although we are AI its nice to eat out occasionally and go for a walk in the evening and stop for a drink.
Any info would be greatly received. Thanks
The only go karting i know of is near the airport and was just a dirt track also at our hotel there was a leaflet about the waterpark but it didnt say how much,you will probably find when you arrive at the hotel at the recption area there are hundreds of leaflets on trips inc boat excursions.

We booked independently so not through Tour Operator but i can tell you that booking it directly via reception desk or the company who organisises the trips will be cheaper than booking through Tour Rep! :wink:

I think the Sun tropical was behind us prob about 500m away maybe nearer. There are nice walks but i didnt think there was much to do for children unless you like sitting in a bar all night.Also by the marina take a left when you get to sea front there are designer shops, a tex mex restaurant (a very posh area)and nice fancy boats (very posh area). Take a right at the sea front and it will take you to Playa blanca and to the ferry departure area.

Underneath Burgerking on Playa Dorada Beach (i think this is your nearest beach) there is a euro bungee which your kids will want a go on it costs 5 euros for 8 mins and they bounce on this trampoline with ropes attached so they can do somersaults etc! :P

Also if you are going on the beach -a tip for you - Get to the beach around 10 ish and go and sit on sun loungers at far right end next to large stones. The man who comes round and charges you for sun loungers & brolley (around 2.50 euros per item) takes longer and will get to you by 1pm.Now if you are like us we leave for lunch at 12 ish,get lunch then head back to hotel pool for afternoon, so we didnt pay a thing for loungers and brolley all holiday! :wink:

Next to this is a bar / restaurant called New Orleans it serves delicious food and well recommended.We were on half board at Bahia Rock but since my tastebuds have gone skewwhiff (i`m 6 months pregnant!) :P :D we eat in there every night.Very freindly staff, tell me i said hi (they will remember little Andrew from Scotland!)

Other than that if you carry on walking to Playa Blanca Town centre there are shops, and some Irish Bars and lots more restaurants but we didnt eat in there.

Overall the resort is quiet unless the hotel / apts are laying on entertainment.

Also to do the ferry trip as an organised excursion to Fuerteventura if you book through a company called "luton Travel" it costs 48 euros per adult and about 30 odd euros per child.I think this is cheap but check Tour Op prices.Leaflets for this company`s trips are also on the stone walls, reception areas etc.

If i can help further ,please ask! :lol:
Large well set out karting track on road from Arrecife to San Bartolome.
Thanks motherger and robjays for advice. Dont want the kids getting bored so trying to find at least a couple of days when they can do what they want. If we know where places are prior to going away thats a hurdle out of the way.
I got back 2am today. Hope it went ok for you.
Just got back from sun park apts on monday. found a great place for kids next to the princess yaiza hotel called kikoland. organised kids clubs for 0-16 years. a ticket for the whole day for family of 4 costs just 10 euros!
Just got back from sun park apts on monday. found a great place for kids next to the princess yaiza hotel called kikoland. organised kids clubs for 0-16 years. a ticket for the whole day for family of 4 costs just 10 euros!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.