Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Royal Mirage
11 Posts
Micmacbob, We too are staying at the arabian Court. What are the rooms like? Do all the rooms have a view of the ocean? We are on half board so will mostly be eating at the hotel. Any recommendations for best places to eat. Also are there plenty of sunloungers around the pool or do you need to be down very early to get one. Do they run shuttle buses from the hotel to the shopping malls? I want to go to Karama as I heard it was the best place to get fake handbags. Wondered if you knew how far away it is from Royal Mirage? I would love to find out lots about the hotel before we go, so if you have any info/tips then I would love to hear them. One last question. What is the dress code for the restaurants in the evening? Cheers, Maryjo
Hi maryjo

Karama is around 15 mins by taxi from the mirage, lots of handbags, watches, DVD's, Tshirts, Karama is well worth a visit while you are here. I'd plan to go there after 7.30 in the evening, the traffic is a nightmare just before that, it will also be cooler to walk around, most of the shops are open till late.
Maryjo you will not be dissappointed with the Arabian Court, it is lovely.
When we arrived at the hotel our bags were taken and then the bellboy banged a huge gong to let reception know that new guests had arrived.
We had a ground floor room which we prefer. Our room was number 1027 which was very near the restaurants and pool. The rooms are lovely and big with a gorgeous bathroom.The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. The only downside for me was the beach. When we were there you could see the building of the palm so more time was spent around the pool. That was not a problem as the pool is also very nice. When you hand in your towel card a member of staff will take your sunlounger cushions and towels for you to your chosen sunbed. During the day they will come around at intervals and refill your cup with ice water. Lunchtime you are offered a piece of fruit and also they clean your sunglasses for you. We also stayed half board but personally I would only stay B/B next time as I felt we were always rushing back from shopping etc to get our evening meal. Not all the restaurants are on half board so be careful. Food in the other restaurants is very good but also very expensive. My husband and I were only saying yesterday that the best dessert we have ever had was in the Eau Zone restaurant. Dress code is smart. The rooftop bar is very romantic. Many a night was spent up there sipping a cool drink and looking up at the stars. There is a hotel shuttle bus but you need to book early if you wish to use it as it gets booked very quickly. If the times are still the same it leaves the hotel at 9, 11, 15 and 17.30. The route it takes is...... Mercato Mall, Burjuman Centre, Gold Souk, City Centre and back to the hotel. We also went in June and the weather was very hot and humid but lots of dips in the pool will keep you cool.
Hope this has been of some help to you.

Sandra
micmacbob, Is eau zone included in the half board basis? If not, can you remember which ones are. I am getting really excited now, cannot wait until monday.Did you go to any of the restaurants at the Palace? Also, can you book tours at the hotel? Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Cheers, Maryjo.
o.k maryjo the restaurants that are included in the half board are Arabian Court, The Rotisserie....... The Palace, Olives. If you wish to eat in any of the other restaurants a meal plan credit of Dhs.145 per person will be granted to you. Breakfast is taken in the Rotisserie where you can sit either inside or outside. The Eau Zone is the restaurant situated by the pool in the Arabian Court. I think if I remember correctly a three course meal with water to drink cost around £80 for two persons before our half board discount. We did eat at Olives one night and the rest of our meals were taken at Rotisserie. Both these restaurants are buffet style but we found the food to be very good.
I'm not sure about booking tours from the hotel as I pre-booked all mine before we left, but I'm sure it is possible.
If I can help with any more questions I will try,if not have a good one maryjo
Sandra
I'd agree with the others - it's a great hotel, in a good location. If you can join the "Elite Club" or whatever they call it, you get access to the Penthouse bar/coffee lounge, which has great views and also free tea/cakes etc.....

Not sure how you get this - we visited our friend who stayed there last year and she took us up there. She'd booked via expedia on a half board basis - which was basically meal vouchers which you could use at any meal time.

I agree that the food was a very high standard. Not just buffet - but lots of "cook to order" stands for meat, fish and pancakes :)
micmacbob, you said that you hated rushing back from shopping etc. for dinner when you were on half board. Does that mean that it was set times for dinner at the half board restaurants? Also wondered if there was an iron/ironing board in the rooms? My case is getting a little on the "full" side, so it would help if I didn't have to bring my own travel iron. Thanks for all the info you have given me, much appreciated. Maryjo.
maryjo

reason we were rushing back for dinner was because we spent our days by the pool and then went out very early evening to do our shopping. I think last seating for dinner was around 10pm. If we left the hotel at six it could take half an hour there and back to get to the shopping centre. This would leave me two and half- three hours shopping time which believe it or not was not really long enough for me.
As for the iron in the room I really can't remember to be honest but I think a 5* hotel would provide a laundry service.

Sandra
hi maryjo
how was the holiday? was dubai what you expected, how was your hotel, we are going to the ocean beach in sept was that anywhere near yours, we are half booard how was food at yours
Hi cm, Holiday was brilliant. I did not see your hotel, don't think it was near ours. Is yours in the Jumeirah beach area? All the hotels are really nice in Dubai though. The food at ours was really nice. We had lots of restaurants to choose from. We actually had a really good dinner, and lots of it, at Hard Rock Cafe on the Saturday night. The band that was on was excellent and the food was brilliant, much cheaper than the hotels. I would recommend going one night. It was only a couple of minutes from our hotel. I miss Dubai already. Wish I was going back soon!You will absolutely love the place.If you need any more info just ask. Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.