Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
How mean of the person. It must have upset your daughter. Hopefully hasnt soured her holiday.
That's a shame.

Unfortunately, the only safe way to carry money/valuables when travelling (not just in Bulgaria) is on your person, e.g. money belt, etc., NEVER in hold luggage, which is accessible to all sorts of staff at airports.
What a terrible thing to happen to your daughter, but why on earth was she carrying money in her suitcase?

Valuables should always be carried in handbaggage or on your person.

I cannot understand what you mean by - she checked to see if they were English - if they were Scottish they wouldn't have been any use to the Bulgarians as they cant change them.

Patka
Dont be too harsh Patka on a 16 year old. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way. Most yougsters are a little naive and trusting.
hi
like stuart says your being harsh she's only sixteen but wont have money in her case again
Markandbrenda, As much as i sympathise with your daughter on her misfortune,without sounding or meaning to be too harsh ,i have to agree with Patka.
Why carry valuables in your hold luggage?
It was £45,an amount which could easily have been carried on ones person
As you have said she is only sixteen,why on earth were you not being more responsible?by making sure that money etc is carried in a proper fashion .
Also i have to agree when Patka raises the issue about non english notes,if they were not english they are no use to anyone in bulgaria.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but i feel that Markandbrenda must clearly take some of the blame,as they are adults ,with plenty of experience im sure regarding money.
Majority opinion is clearly that all valuables should be carried in hand luggage, something which Markandbrenda acknowledge will happen in future.

Perhaps we should let this topic close now, without apportioning any further blame.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.