Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi, Genuine Leather Goods. Shoes. Boots, Jackets etc.
Earthenware
Tobacco by in England before you go. £60 a kilo'
English Cigs on Plane or Duty free Shops. never from shops.
Many others will have a lot of other things. Tonyt.
I know they are copies but the Football tops are the best I`ve ever seen anywhere. I collect footy tops and can assure you you will not find better at a good price.
We're off to Bulgaria for the first time next Monday. Can anyone please advise on price of clothes / shoes out there?
hi
the average cost of a t shirt is about 4.50, shoes from 3.50 up depending on what you want, jeans are from 20.00 up, jackets are from 7.50 upwards, the shoes are fab brought loads, have a shop round as prices vary, in sunny beach prices were more expensive round the centre,
advise you to hire a golf buggy out for an hour and go round sunny beach on it , we were there two weeks and still found places we had not been. :D
Bought leather shoes for£12 brought four pairs home with me and they are really great the leather is soft and does not hurt your feet. I have been buying shoes for the last five years and they are still going strong.People keep asking me where i bought them as they wanted to buy them. :yipee
Like Tonyt said there are loads of good items of cloathes and footwear I like the leather shoes and the leather coats and Jackets .The leather is so soft and great wearing.a lot better than you get in this country.I have a leather Jacket i bought in 1994 and my daughter is still wearing it now that is value for money :hyper I buy Victory blue cigs and they are around £4 for two hundred and they are a good cig also the flirt vodka is good value at £3 a litre bottle :glynis
Victory blue cigs and they are around £4 for two hundred

1.60 Leva per pack = 16 Leva per sleeve = approx. £5.71 per 200 at 2.8 Leva to the Pound, June, so nearer £6 than £4. :wink:

Baldur 8)
we smoked victory blue whilst on holiday they are a good smoke and cheap too :D

i normally roll my own cigarettes but couldnt get a tobacco i liked they have something called red bull tobacco which is like smoking camel droppings
they didnt even have tobacco at borgas airport duty free on my return
Thanks for that guys. We are going to be based up near Varna; does that make things more or less expensive?
apparently stuff in varna is a tad cheaper than in the resorts

but stuff is cheap anyway

i got the mrs a gucci handbag for less than £20 (a very good copy)

t-shirts are roughly around 10-20 leva each and are good quality copies
Hi Not Jerry Springer,

In general, most things in Varna (and other Bulgarian towns/cities) will be cheaper than in the resorts - the same is true in most countries, including the UK.
Hi Balder the cigs i got were 1.30 13leva for two hundred,they were in a soft pack that is why they were cheaper,So it cost about £4-50,the lady in the shop pointed this out. It is the same cig but just in a soft pack which was why it was three leva cheaper.Hope this sorts out my mistake ,as i should have stated this in my last post :no :lol:
There are two parts to Varna and the price difference is vast.
If you go behind Kentucky Chicken and walk through the plaza towards the Beach it is very dear.
If you go to the left of the Cathedral and walk towards a large market, possibly 500 to 600 Stalls evrything so much cheaper and if you are prepared to go in the side roads opposite the market even cheaper, this is were the Gypsies buy their goods to sell on the street. In June I got a pair of Shorts and a deisel vest for 5 levs the lot less than £2. so go off the main raods to get the real Bargains. Tonyt
Useful tip tonyt - thank you !
there are fantastic diesel jean copies in SB, and very cheap!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.