Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I do like Kata but I thinks its getting over developed- I remember it when the area behind the beach where there are lots of bars now, was just a field with palm trees and water buffalo. The last time I visited there were sun loungers and brollies...the deck chairs that made it feel more like a Thai resort had gone. Still a beautiful beach but more international in feeling.

Not been to Cheong Mon for a while, but used to enjoy chilling out on it. I always quite liked the beach on Coral Island off Phuket as it was straight off the beach on to the reef for snorkelling.

Quite like the beaches of Krabi...Khlong Muang, Tubkaak...not quite as good as the Phuket beaches but not so developed either (yet). Enjoyed a few trips to Koh Hong and other outlying islands for the beaches there.
I have to agree with Sunbear, the beach at Klong Muang is the best beach we have experienced, but you must make sure it is the Tubkaak Hotel end because further down the coast it is really not as nice, very rocky.
Maya Bay is the most beautiful place on earth. Its on Ko Phi Phi Ley.
maya bay is the most beautiful, though with all the tour boats it really spolit it for me. i would say that phuket beaches aren't good, not too keen on orange sand and the sea is very rough. krabi was great, partly becuase of the ambiance and the accessability to the outer islands. though i have to say some of the beaches in samui and tao were outstanding too, sopft white sand, which is my ideal..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.