Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Well Fiona we return to the Oceanic Beach Shack time and time again. The location in Baga is good for us cos we always stay in that area.
All the lads in the shack look after us so well. We leave our beach towels there and every morning they put out the towels at our favourite spot. During the day they are always moving the umbrellas about for us, telling us we might get burnt as the sun is directly on us, they are so kind and thoughtful.
Apart from that nothing is too much bother for them. Sikander will go and top up my mobile phone for me and get odds and ends if we need them. We never ask, but he (and the other lads) always offer to help out.
The food is also very nice and extremely reasonably priced :D
for me there are a few reasons for choosing one particular shack, for instance, which beach, we had 7 weeks in apora and we went too Baga beach 3 times, in our opinion it was crap, but the other side of the river was the sunset which was very nice, it was quiet( except for the noise from baga) no sellers and reasonable food, we had a month in Candolim, again in our opinion, crap, there was just nowere to our liking, now if you go south to tamborim there is a shack called the sea view, you cannot miss it there is only 2 shacks, 8 sunbeds, very quiet, no sellers and lovely food, you obviously get to know everyone on the beach as there only at most 12 people at any one time, the one afternoon we had a competition with the next beach shack, it was who could throw the coconut the farthest, losers buy the winners a kingfisher, loverly and very quiet.
I'm sorry Fiona I can't tell you, because if I did they would be rushed off their feet and I would never get served.It's a nice family ran shack in Candolim with excellent food very cold Fosters or whatever your tipple is.

You'd have to meet me on the 11th November - somewhere on Candolim Beach??????
I'll have been and gone by then :lol:
We always mostly go to Dreamers shack its on the Candolim / Calangute border. The reason being is that Francis and Alex keep the sellers away (if you choose) they keep an eye on you bags whilst you are swimming and the food is fantastic. The very best piri piri prawns I have ever tasted. He does a nice masala kingfish and does a lovely salad, proper lettuce which can be rare. They are brothers and they also have a helper called Sunil who will always run on errands if you want, we have used Dreamers since 2000 our first year in Goa.
We will go again this year.
Also the beach is a bit quieter and the sand a little flatter and they clean up their rubbish so it all makes the day very pleasant. the only downside is the toilet. The first year was a wigwan and a shovel. They now have a toilet but a bit smelly it is mind you it may be better this year as year on year it has got better.

Dreamers shack is straight down the road opposite Bobs inn. As you walk onto the beach its the 1st on the left and a very warm welcome you will receive.
If you like peace then try Dreamers
Well if Fiona 's not coming I may see you Ginlizzy. I'm just along the beach

Small world
When are you going Rokerender. we arrive on 11 Nov. what shack do you use. That part of the beach is quieter thats why we love it.
GL
We go out 10th November from Manchester and will be at the Sea Side Shack in Candolim for the next 21 days.
Been going there for years, good food and great Goan people.We have always been on Candolim Beach since we used to stop at The Sonesta Inn. We don't stay there now but still use the same shack, its quiet and the food and drink are excellent.
We spend most of our time at Monicas, love it so much having a wedding party there in January after our Church blessing
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.