Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Excursions?
3 Posts
We were there last year and we always do our trips DIY because there are 6 of us and it is cheaper to rent a car for a week and do your own trips plus you have a degree of flexability.

However the trips were basically the same, there are numerous boat trips available along the Algarve. Most leave from Vilamoura and tour operators will include transport to Vilamoura in your price. You can do evening trips, all day or half day trips. Some have lunch included and I have also heard that some of the all day ones organised by the tour operators leave a lot to be desired.

One of the more popular trips is to Zoomarine with Dolphin, Seal & Parrott shows. I spoke to people who did the trip with the operators and found the day a bit rushed. There is also a mini carnival at the back of the park with rides and a swimming pool which can be a welcome relief if you visit on a very hot day. Bring your own towels if you plan on using pool.

There are also various trips to many water parks. Word of warning get their early it gets very crowded and kids tire of the waiting to get on each slide.

An easy trip that can be done if you are staying in Albufeira area is a trip to Algarve shopping. It is only a short taxi ride.

Hope this helps. If I think of any more I will let you know.
There are lots of little agencies that organise trips, better value than the main tour operators usually. They often have offers available too. They are all over the place and easy to find.

As well as the places mentioned by Waterford, there is Omega park, a zoo and conservation park, a sand sculpture park near Pera, and Crazy World for the kids. Villages such as Monchique and Alte are worth a visit, and I understand the Jeep safari is good fun too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.