Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Dodgy meat
24 Posts
im in the internet amusments on the opposite corner of kfc at the minute, we had kfc last nite and both had bad stomaches this morning, the chicken looked really scabby. Coming home tommorow :cry: so will report more fully on holiday.
we had kfc last nite and both had bad stomaches this morning, the chicken looked really scabby

Sorry to hear that Kross, :cry: have a safe journey home hun.

That`s one place along with Burgerking and McDonalds that you would never see me cross the threshold, either here or Spain. :twisted:
In Benidorm there are enough places to eat without having to go into dirty, scabby looking places, and I will stick my neck out by saying that on the whole, I have found the Spanish places tend to be better value for money, have cleaner restaurants and food of a higher standard.
Most of them are family owned, passed down from generation to generation and pride is taken in their appearance and the service offered to the customers.
Whilst they are in business and hope to make a profit to survive, they are up against some fierce competition in the resort, but they tend to be in business with a life long commitment until they retire or go bust.... rather than setting out to make a quick fast buck, and then pee off back to wherever they came from. ..there will always be an exception to the rule, so this is just a general view that I hold.

Besos xxx
sanji
I'm in Sanji's corner on this one. Whilst not wanting to appear critical of some of the other establishments & cuisines mentioned, I probably spend approx 85%-90% of my Eating Time in Spanish establishments. I have usually found my experience in these establishments first rate. Most places I use are family owned, have been in the same hands for many years, have staff who are always there from one year to the next, and are usually (theres always exceptions), very friendly, helpful and welcoming places. I like to feel relaxed and Happy at mealtimes, theres nothing worse than being treated as inconsequential, invisible, or as an incumbrance by staff who obviously take little pride or pleasure in service. I've been lucky in that I have never had any Dodgy food served to me in Benidorm, most of the places I use, the staff take great pride, and pleasure in their work, and clearly enjoy serving you, and will spend plenty of time explaining about how certain dishes are prepared and suggesting new things to try! I have to confess, as yet I have never eaten a Chinese meal in Benidorm, but thats not to say I wont because I love Chinese food, there are 2 or 3 really good Chinese restaurants near where I live, which have all the wonderful attributes I have mentioned above. When I feel like a Chinese meal in Beni I will have one. I will just follow my nose, my eyes, my instinct, and the crowd, as well as any personal reccommendations given by people I trust. Thats all you can do really isnt it! I think overall the complaint ratio per person/ per meal in Benidorm will be relatively low, I certainly dont hear too many horror stories, compared to the reccommendations I receive. Fingers crossed...long may that continue! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.