Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

You are allowed both of these on flights - my kids won't leave home without them. As with any electronic item though they have to be switched off for take off and landing

Rgds Jackie :D
thanks jackie ,i wasnt sure if they were allowed , kids will be pleased.
The PSP has a wifi connection which MUST be switched off when using on a plane otherwise it can interfere with the onboard systems.

Just thought I would warn you.

Dave

Quote from the PSP manual

Do not use the wireless networking feature in he following locations, such as in airplanes or hospitals ....... You may be violating air safety regulations punishanle by fines by using the wireless networking feature in an airplane or by using the PSP during takeoff and landing.
i take it you can also take portable dvd players anyone know
Hi

Yes you can take portable DVD players and laptops

Rgds Jackie
Careful with laptops - possible wifi issue as with PSP.
Hi

I should have put that we took our laptop to watch DVD on the flight

Rgds Jackie
For info, these are the current CAA regulations for using electronic equipment on board aircraft.

Darren
im quite dumb when it comes to game stations of any sort , how would i know if the wi-fi was switched on, on the psp, thanks from the dumb brunette lol
On the lower left side of the PSP (looking toward the screen!) there is a slider with two dots and an arrow on it, make sure its pushed downwards!

Steve
Also make sure anything with infrared is turned off, im thinking of older gameboy versions.
Are the Nintendo DS Ok, doesn`t look like there are any buttons to switch off, but there again, I don`t really know how to work it. So am I right in assuming she can just switch on and play when she wants? Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.