Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
If you are booked into a hotel it is their responsibility just as if you were on a package holiday. Shouldn't be a problem.

Peter
Good Morning. ref white note. None were issued by the Hotel I stayed in and neither did the Hotel my daughter and son in law stayed in. I was not even questioned about it at Varna and my daughter assures me neither were they and they were travelling a week in front of us. Tonyt
We got a white note, and it looked more like a reciept than a official doc! We were given ours on the final return of our key, and kept them tucked inside our passports; however, we were never expected to present them. The hotel reports your arrival to the police so don't worry about that either.

If you don't get given a white slip, then I would specifically ask for them just in case an official is having a bad day and wants to take it out on someone- you can get pretty hefty fines without one, according to our rep.
These white notes i knew nothing about,as our rep didnt explain what they were.So when i seen them i was gona through it away until a fella who came on the same flight as us told us what they were.
Bulgarian officialdom tends to make it up as they go along. Whilst theoretically there has been in previous years a requirement to produce the white slip with your passport on departure, this might not necessarily be the case now.
Confusing isn't it, but that's Bulgaria. Good idea to ask your Representative, they are the ones who have to sort it out at the airport if you should have one but haven't.
Did notice last year that the border guard just ignored it, and unlike previous years left it in the passports.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.