Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Visa question
10 Posts
Hi David23
I'm not 100% but you only need a visa if your stay is for 60 days or more. We've been to Bulgaria a few times and our hotel takes your passport on your arrival and a day or two later you get it back with a white label which you sometimes need at the airport when you leave. I hope this information is correct, I'm shore someone will correct me if it's wrong.
Davedee
We have been to Bulgaria a number of times and haven't had a visa.
I think you may be getting mixed up with the exit document handed to you by your hotel receptionist when you leave. Normally these are handed in to customs at the airport. Have never been charged for it,however, if you are requested for it and you didn't produce it you were liable for a fine of up to £200.
Some people have said this year no-one asked for it at the airport.
Will find out in 4 weeks as we are going back.

8) Toonman
You only need a visa if you are staying for more than 30 days. You say your parents have needed a visa- have they stayed longer or are they not UK citizens?
Check here
Welcome to HT- don't be afraid to post, we are a friendly bunch here!
Thanks for the replys.

My parents (definately UK citizens!) would have been to Bulgaria for more than 30 days combined this year as they own an apartment over in SB. It does sound like my Dad was talking about the exit document mentioned by Davedee.
Hi david

sounds like exit doc but there have also been some recent changes coming into effect on 1st Sep. wherby you will be allowed upto 90 days stay in 6 month period
Peter has just sent me a link to the changes. Click
here to read. Thanks Peter
As modeo says it allows stays of up to 90 days within a 6 month period.
Having seen various press references to the proposed change to 90 days-in-6 months for UK & Irish citizens, I searched for an official site which would offer confirmation - the only one that I have found so far is this one on the BG Government website.

Baldur
Hi Baldur,

I won't be happy until I see it changed on HERE

Peter
Hi Peter,

As the Embassy's website still shows the registration reporting requirement as "within 48 hours of arrival in Bulgaria", when it has been 5 days since early last year, I suspect that you may have to wait a few years for that.....:wink:

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.