Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
£20 Notes.
6 Posts
do we know if they are ok to use in sunny beach (i'm sure they will be )
but would like to make sure before we go
Hi Julie,

You'll have to wait for reports from the season's first returning visitors to be absolutely positive - I'm certain that they will be, at least by banks, the Bank of England doesn't release banknotes without informing the rest of the world (especially the financial & banking sectors) about any changes. :wink:

Baldur
Thanks again Tonyt
I was stressing about having to find the old design bank notes and you've answered my question.
Next few questions are:-
Where is the best exchange rate for English £ in Albena and do they charge commission?
Is it better to take English money to change rather than travellers cheques?
Does the exchange rate fluctuate daily or is it fairly stable?(as in the amount of money we need to change each day)
Also,quite a lot of countries we have been to won't accept marked bank notes or old looking ones,is this the case in Bulgaria?
TC 8)
Hi, Both the Banks in Albena offered the same rate as the Hotels last year, but IF you are staying in Albena Beach Hotel, the guy in the shop was doing a good rate. Dobrich and Varna Banks are better. If you go to these Cities, take a photocopy of your Passport details with you. Always leave your Passport in Safety Box. Take Cash, Traveller's cheques carry a heavy commission. Yes, must be clean, untorn and unmarked English Notes, rate in resort may go up and down by ONE STOTINKI. Cheers Tony
The actual Lev rate fluctuates daily, as with all currencies which are traded on the international money markets but the resort rate, as Tonyt says, probably fluctuates less (the rate in resorts is already 'cushioned' as it's lower than in non-resort banks).

In the last couple of weeks the rate in Bulgarian banks has dropped by around 5 Stotinki (just under 2 pence) and is currently at £1=2.84 Leva. :wink:

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.