Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
can you get more than one ICICI card at one time
No but the card is reloadable and you could get one for another member of your family

See FAQ http://www.icicibank.co.uk/personal/travel_rupee_card/travel_card_faq.html#link9
Never heard of the ICICI card. Probably be in India in February. Possible for someone to give me some sort of an overview of the card etc etc. Thanks.
Basically it is a Indian Rupee prepay VISA card that you can use in shops, on-line or at any ATM in India,really a plastic alterative to travellers cheques but you already know what exchange rate you are getting

You can only put a maximum of 50,000 INR (about £575) on the card and you get the exchange rate for the day you load the card from your UK bank account, the card expires after 170 days and should you have any Rupees left on the card they are transferred back to your UK bank account, I assume at that days exchange rate
Thanks Meagain,

I assume there is a charge for the privilidge of loading the card up by the banks over here! Will be a first if they do it for nowt.

In principle sounds a good idea though. Bit like playing the system and can be caught out. But soinds good though.

What is the procedure roughly in getting one then?

Thanks
I think this link posted by newbie may explain http://www.icicibank.co.uk/personal/travel_card.html
it looks like a really good idea.....Keith
Thanks for that KGF however, always nice to hear from people who actually have used it etc. That's when all the 'real' info comes out. Lets hope someone can comment on their experiences with that card!
thanks, Pete
Read some of that link and followed the FAQ's. Scrolled down to 'charges for using card'. Clicked on the link- and hey presto!! that page was unavailable!! Called me an old cynic but what message does that send out!!

What are the charges for using the Card?
Please refer to section ‘Schedule of charges’.
If you follow the link above, just below the pretty picture of the card, in black capitals it says CHARGES. Click on this and it gives a list of all charges, and they look reasonable to me?
The link worked for me, here is a breakdown

The charge for issuing the card is 350 INR, a replacement card costs150 INR

Drawing cash or checking your balance at an ICICI bank ATM is free but there is a 25 INR plus local tax charge at non ICICI ATM

They send you an Email confirming transactions for free or you can pay 250 INR to sign up for SMS if you prefer
Many thanks for that Meagain. I shall try that link again. Seems very reasonable the charges. How much they charge when you actually use the card to draw money or pay a bill in a restaurant etc?

thanks,

Pete
Pedrogooner see Meagain's post it costs 25rps for a non icic withdrawal!
Oh, I see ,thanks. It was a sarcastic remark! I have to own up at not being perfect sadly!
Lol who is???? It would be boring world if we all were!!
True! Very true! But................. sarcasm?
No it wasn't sarcasm at all pedrogooner.

You mentioned going to FAQ's and I simply pointed out an easy way to access the charges, and tried to do so as explicitly and simply as possible.

With this sort of aggressive response from "established members", no wonder there are very few contributions on this forum at present?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.