Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
hi smiles, have just got back from praia da rocha and we walked into praia du vau, it took us about 20 mins, i would say you'd have to get a taxi into alvor, which only took about 10-15 mins from rocha and was 5 euros, the beach at vau is beautiful, and not very crowded, but its a lovely walk along the beach to rocha, good resturant in rocha is claire's, does a real mix of cuisine and very reasonable, the weather is fab at the moment too. hope this helps.
Hello Juby, thank you for the reply.

I'm glad that the beach and weather are good - that will certainly please my girlfriend!

Looking on the (not very detailed) map I have, it appears that Praia do Vau is closer to Alvor than to Praia da Rocha. Is that not the case?

Also, do you kow how far it is to Portimao? As far as I can tell it appears to be just inland from Praia do Vau, so is also hopefully within exploring distance.

I'm still trying to weigh up whther car rental wil lbe necessary or not. It's only just over a week till we go :D

Cheers
Well, we did make use of the local bus, although you do need to understand the route as it only goes in one direction at night. This means that it take 5 minutes to get from Praia do Vau to Praia da Rocha, but it takes an hour to get back, 9including a 15 minutes stop outside the hospital! That aside we found the service to be cheap and fairly punctual.

We walked into both Alvor and Praia da Rocha a couple of times; although I would say you do need to be reasonably fit to do this. Restaurants seemed to be better value in Praia da Rocha, although the beer for 1 Euro at the Patrimonia in Praia do Vau during their "al day happy hour" came in handy whilst watching the football.

Cheers.
Hi
Just to say it is easier to walk into Rocha than Alvor.Rocha will take about 20 mins Alvor about 40 mins on the road 2 hrs over cliffs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.