General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I tried the link Dave Lee and was quite excited when it told me £14.85 for the one EU trip, unheard of - I had declared, the Sarcoid, Asthma and Pacemaker - then it told me it at the bottom of the quote excluded all the conditions - so not good for me. Worth a try though
I tried these people also with just Angina as a pre existing to see how much they quoted. (I already have good but expensive annual cover includimg this)
And I got the same result. An attractive quote but when you read the small.print at the bottom you see they are excluding your preconditions.
I smell a rat!
I reckon they tease folk in and really don't offer the cover people need.
I have bought my insurance with getmy for the coming year (as I have done in the past) and they do cover for the conditions I have mentioned. Not much point in paying extra if they didn't! My price was £71 before declaring the conditions and an extra £13 was added because of them. We are also covered for anything relating to the conditions so all round good cover for us.What's good for one person isn't necessarily good for another. It doesn't mean that the company is 'dodgy'. In fact, the company that underwrites the insurance is the same one that provides my car finance and warranty.
Did you read the information properly? As it states in the 'Medical Conditions Declared' section that you MAY not be covered for the disclosed conditions should YOU choose not to pay the extra premium. I put in a 'dummy' quote for a single traveller for two weeks in July stating that I had angina and I got a quote for £92.The initial price was £22 (no excess) plus the extra £70 for declaring the angina. I double checked the wording and couldn't see anything that says I wouldn't be covered (Unless I didn't pay the extra),Not much point in paying an extra £70 if this was the case. I hope this helps :)
Just taken out an annual policy with HolidaySafe, who are a Which Recommended Provider. They accepted my RSI for no extra cost so our policy (2 people) cost £46 for the year. Only thing to watch out for is their list of included activites - adding 'summer toboganning' to ours would have doubled the cost. It doesn't look like there's one near where we are staying anyway so we've not taken out the extra cover but I'm surprised to see that what we consider to be a kids activity is actually considered to be quite dangerous!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.