General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
check the handbag 50 times before you reach the airport!!!
I KNOW that i have got the passports/tickets/money in the bag bit i STILL keep checking it all the time......i get annoyed at myself!!!! :roll:
I know what you mean Jane.

My flight bag is on and off my lap all the way up to the airport, because I am constantly checking and rechecking we have everything.

It drives my other half mad because all he can hear is zips being opened and closed.
but WHY !!??!! we KNOW all the things we need are in there and we have more chance of losing them if we are in and out of the bag!!!!

i really despair at myself!!!! we go to crete in 2 weeks time and i am NOT going to do it this time!!!!! (well maybe only 6 times!!!! :lol: )
Im the same, I do a 'Tickets, passport, money' check and actually say it out loud everytime. Im so paranoid about losing/forgetting them!!

I just dont know how some people that you see on Airlines TV shows can forget a Passport :yikes
I start months before my holiday by going around all the charity shops and stocking up on loads of books, last year I carried 22 kilos of books, and I read every one of them, well they have to last me for nearly 3 months.
May I be as bold to mention that so far only females have posted in here (I think):lol:

As a male, and I think I speak for 99.9% of males. We just chuck a load of clothes in a bag and arrive at the airport just as check in is about to close.

Now I know why I prefer to travel alone :lol:
Lol, Passports, tickets, money. I'm still checking when I get on the plane :oops: Then........did I set the house alarm, lock the back door, turn all appliances off, I convince myself I haven't even though I know really I have :roll: I do enjoy my holiday though, but the nearer I get to home after my 2 weeks away, I'm adamant some terrible disaster is awaiting me. I drive my poor husband mad lol, he can't understand what all the fuss is about...... :lol: ....Linda x
Frankie - you travel alone :?: Explains why you have to do your own packing :rofl
:D Unfortunately , I get complaints of being too laid back, when it comes to holidays, we're off to benidorm in just under a week, not sorted insurance or even picked tickets up yet, and will just "throw" everything into my suitcase about half an hour before the private hire cab arrives, ..... come to think of it I haven't even booked the private hire firm who deals in the airport runs - Must do that Now, did tell other half I had booked it months ago, - just to shut him up! :oops:
Frankie, May I also be as bold as to mention that maybe the females do all the checking because theyre the ones that have probably done all the arranging (lol) And yes, I do check everything in the flight bag a thousand times. And I also have 2 purses, one with English currency and one with Euros. Its a nightmare.
Linsi
Hi everyone,

Well, where do I start?

I've been since literally the beginning of this year. I've opened and closed my case I don't kno whow many times (I lost count). I go away on Monday to Cancun (had it confirmed today that holiday is going ahead as planned), I'l be checking my suitcase again from Fri until Sun when we go to my parents, and also checking my fiance's case too as he leaves me to do his packing!! My case is currently on 21.5kg, handluggage 3.2kg, so i am under the overall weight limited we are allowed (20kgs suitcase & 5kgs hand luggage). I've check the cash, travellers cheuqes and passports are safely tucked in the ticket folder, but that wil be looked at again no doubt!

We have to be sure we've got everything don't we? A girl just isn't ready if she hasn't checked everything a hundred times! :lol:

Watch this space, I might just be posting again before Sunday!!
Thank god im not the only one :)

Where every we go on holiday I always try and get our flights about 10am if poss which mean we leave home approx 6 so the cases have to be locked the night before prior to us meeting our friends for a beer the night before we go. Leaving home early means we dont have breakfast so I usually pack sarnies for when we have checked in etc - I wont pay airport prices for what is usually rubbish food. My hubby has a habit of taking cases to car and then sits engine running waiting for me to finish bleaching toilet turn appliances off etc, this usually get me flustered.......hench in July when we left to go to Cape Verde I left the sarnies in the fridge, I realised just as we approached exit on motorway 1 junction down from where we join ( 10 mins), hubby didnt say a word...dont think he dare would have been wearing his :evil:

Jules
This is really sad......... :lol:

I have a sheet of paper and draw all the clothes I am going to take a few weeks before I go, this way everything can be washed, ironed and hanging up nicely ready to go in the case and I know that I have everything without taking up too much space anywhere else.

Last year when I got back I wrote on the top that I took too much, so when this years list has been drawn (obviously as you want to take your new little dresses etc for evenings) it doesn't seem to be any smaller!

Another one of my habits is to print off the address labels for postcards.

If both these things aren't done then I won't rest!
:D
Thats a great idea Lazing by the pool - must remember that one for the postcards!!!

Not got the case out of the loft yet - 98 days to go but have cleared a bottom drawer in the bedroom which is now the Goa drawer - buying bit and pieces each week - suncream, wet wipes so the drawer is getting fuller by the day!!
I've always got "holiday clothes" and "normal everyday clothes", so after each holiday, they get washed, put back in the case, and put away til the following year's holiday. Now how sad is that eh?

Or am I not the only one to have separate holiday and normal clothes? I look forward to hearing from anyone who also does this! :P
I enjoy my pre-holiday rituals. I book for my following summer holiday as soon as I've returned from my previous one :lol: That way I always have something to look forward to. As soon as the summer clothes are in the shops, my sister and I start buying to add to the "holiday clothes" collection. This ritual goes on until about a week before we depart :oops: We always end up buying a couple of new bikinis, skirts, sarongs etc. Shopping's half the fun of the holiday. We then try and find out as much as we can about the resort so we know exactly what we want to do and where we want to go.
I write a list of clothes to pack about 3 weeks before and start the packing with about a week to go. Next on the ritual is the beauty routine, hair, nails, eyebrows, exfoliating etc and relaxing with a nice cold drink the night before (usually have an early morning start).
On arrival at the airport, have breakfast, a scout around duty free where I normally end up buying a bottle of perfume and proceed to the bar until we're called to board.
Roll on next year!
My biggest habit is going through the house making sure everything is double double spotless!!

Silly really as I always like to keep a tidy clean house, but seem to be 10 times worse before the hol - and that includes even tidying things out like the garden sheds!!

:bhead :bhead

Must be a womans thing :wink:

Trouble is its spotless too on return - until I empty out all the cases for washing!
Oh I have holiday clothes and normal clothes. Just don't get the weather up in the North East of Scotland to wear the holiday clothes. I also have a separate chest of drawers for the holiday clothes.

Just finished packing mine for going to Benidorm on Friday. Took all of 10 mins. :D

luci :wave
OOOOOOOOOOO Luci nice one - have a lovely time 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.