Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Super Bok? not seen it in Spanish bars.

Where abouts in Fuengirola are you staying? There is a bar on the beach front called the Manilva which advertises its beer for about 1 Euro/pint (could be 1.50 which is still within your budget). They also do full English breakfasts very cheaply and you can order as much toast as you wish. I gather it comes with a choice of tea of coffee.

Local Spanish bars tend to be cheaper than the English bars, however this could be too much of a culture shock as they dont sell English food.

On the 'strip' in Benalmadena there is English bar after English bar all competing with each other on food and beer prices. Maybe if you can afford the bus fare you would be able to have a good old pub crawl there and still come home with change.

If all else fails, there is normally a gathering of 'street people' on the beach front making sand sculptures, they often generate a crowd of drinkers and seem more than happy to welcome new faces. Perhaps you could join them on the beach, thereby saving even more money by buying beers in the supermarket.

:shock:
You will have to travel a bit further to get superbok easily, Portugal in fact.
I havnt come across any English or Spanish bars/ hotels selling it.
You will get cheap beer Mahou/Cruz Campo and San Miguel at !.50, but expect to pay 2.00-2.50 most places.
Breakfast? for a large one, two eggs, two sausage and tea/coffee etc ,expect to pay closer 5.00.
As sunnysenorita says, why not go the whole hog and get a six pack, a couple of flagons,maybe some bread and cheese from the supermarket. :?
yes i think i will get some cans from the supermarket and find a nice bench
Another option would be to stop off at the San Miguel factory near the airport, where they do daily tours and all the beer is free. As much as you can drink, more or less.
Once you've had your ten pints before breakfast, then your bacon and eggs, I'm sure you'll be able to tuck away another six-seven pints no bother at all.
Hi Tony, tell me more about a trip to the beer factory, my hubby would love that, he drinks enough of it, while we are over there.
Any more info would be smashing, we are going over soon, and I could keep it as a suprise for him. !!!!!
Thanks in advance Tony. :thanks
Apologies, HT. My trip to the San Miguel factory was several years ago, and the whys and wherefores of that visit have been lost in the mists of time. My aunt lives out there, however, and has told me San Miguel still do them, and, in her case, the beerfest invitation came via an ex-pat group based in Arroyo de la Miel.
I suspect you might find more information on the San Miguel website, but, as I am technologically challenged, have not yet mastered the technique of downloading Flash Media Player so I can get past the intro page.
I hope you have better luck. Basically, I think this means I cannot organise a :swear at a brewery!
http://www.sanmiguel.es/
torreblanca sports bar on the front sells Orangeboom lager at 1 euro a pint!
LOL
this thread is funny!
Remids me of one of my mates known in Wolverhampton as :swear Ste!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.