Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
There is virtually no temperature difference in the Maldives year-round as the islands straddle the equator , tends to hover in the early 30's. The "Wet Season" during our summer will give the same temperatures, but more humidity & cloud cover, and if you are unlucky entire days of torrential rain, or heavy showers of an hour or so. One look at the lush foliage of the islands will indicate just how much rain can fall during the monsoon!. You should be aware of this if you plan on travelling mid may - Sept as it does mean the prices are rather less in this period. Christmas and Feb-Apr are probably peak prices.

The Maldives is an expensive place for food and drink - each island has just the one hotel - so you are effectively a captive market & this will need to be budgeted for or consider getting an all-inc deal so you get fewer nasty surprises (unless you visit the spa a lot!). A litre of mineral water will set you back about £1, a can of coke around £1.25, a can of beer close on £2. Unless you are big eaters, HB is an option (I'm usually too hot at lunchtime to eat much anyway) but I wouldn't recommend B&B simply because of the costs.

If you can be flexible I have seen late deals for £650 pp otherwise the range of prices is terrific dependent on the meal plan offered and the star rating of the island.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.