Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Feb is peak season - IMHO the very best time to go to the Maldives - and a 10 day trip will mean you will have to go sdcheduled flights too. Assuming you are looking for AI (could poss consider HB - but remember that, as you have no options BUT to eat/drink at the Hotel/Island you are staying there IS no competition, and with virtually everything having to be imported to your island, meals and drinks ARE expensive), I think you would be lucky to find something within budget

But I hope I can be proved wrong!!
I am looking at around the same dates and man, it IS expensive ! All-inclusive is the only way, I guess... I will be starting my vacation from S. India so I am considering the AI packages from Indian Airlines and they are way cheaper than other travel agencies. I am not sure where you are flying in from, but if there is an airport nearby that Air India flys into, my guess is that they should be able to give you a package deal. Similarly talk to SriLankan airlines and Emirates too... good luck and let us know if u were able to get a good deal....
yes, holidays to The Maldives are coming out very expensive in February. The only thing that I can suggest is that you see if you can get any late deals from the travel agents. I have seen these in the windows sometimes and in January there are always really good offers on.

Just an idea!! :sun2
Hi
We have booked to go January 09 to Kuredu AI and it is costing us around £1700pp, Flying via Dubai, prices are a bit up this year but you still get very good value for money.

Regards
Joe
We are going to Paradise Island in March..it has cost us £1700 each also for 2 weeks AI.

I think you will struggle to get something within budget for the times you want..especially for AI at peak times. I would love to be proved wrong though!
I would suggest contacting local travel agents as well as approaching resorts directly. Some of the local agents offer AI holidays including flight (from UK).

Good luck.
We are just starting to look for late in the year, the prices being quoted includes flights?

We have airmiles to spend so looking a just the accomadation but still want AI

Other problem is which island to choose?

Dave
In our experience it has worked out virtually as expensive to book a hotel only as it has a full package, especially as transfoers etc seem to work out at ridiculous prices on DIY. Suggest you check carefully against packages before you use up those airmiles!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.