Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
maldives
7 Posts
I wouldn't hold out too much hope for you on this one. Whilst it is always worth emailing a hotel with any special requests there is no guarantee that they will be able to meet them. What reply did you get from the hotel? Did they guarantee that you would all be together or did they just say that they would try and accommodate your request?

And having requested a change of room and accepted it at the time without further complaint whilst in the resort then I'm surprised that they even sent you £30. I'm sure that the hotel probably took the position that it was only possible to EITHER give you all sea views OR have three villas/rooms together and that you chose the latter.

If you want to pursue this further it would be important not to cash the cheque and/or return it or any vouchers to the TO. If you've already cashed a cheque then I think that you have even less room for further negotiation now.

SM
Hi SM, I think you missunderstood my complaint , we did have sea view but we was supposed to have a private beach in front of the patio but all we had was a great big hole full of sand bags, the villa next door was roped off for repair and as we left ours was roped of to, a manager came round the day before we departed and was suprised to see us there , asked us if we wanted to move but the day before we leave ? we think we was given wrong info when they said they was full , saw quite q few empty
we are not complainers but feel we was treated unfair , no other complaints about the holiday
Who was the holiday company? What was the island?
re----maldives

We went with Mercury direct and we stayed at the Meedhupparu Island in the Raa atoll
"but didnt realise our villa had no beautiful sea view but a concrete hole that was dangerous so we could not sit out"

SM did not misunderstand you - you just did not make the point clear.

Have to agree with SM that you've little chance of taking this much further - all dependant on what you yourself want as an outcome - but not complaining more while in the resort does leave you in a weak position.
I don't think there's any need to be rude, she's only come on here asking for advice!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.