Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Your welcome Shorty :tup It must be very difficult for you. At least with SC if you get desperate you can just go to a supermarket and do something plain in you apartment that he can eat.
Yup, I usually take "safe" stuff and cook a couple of times a week for him in a s/c apartment so at least I know he's getting something decent during the holiday, otherwise he has to survive on chips mainly (and I have to carry our own ketchup as I know its gluten free and get some very odd looks :D )
I was in marjorca last year and the prices were very reasonable, we stayed in a 4* hotel HB the food was good and the drinks on par with a outside bar. Real Barcadi & diet coke, martini & lemonade, and a coke 9 euro's even todays exchange rate thats £7.50 and last year it would of been £6.20. I believe the same drinks would cost more in turkey if you want the real stuff probably closer to £12. Those drinks in my local would cost £5.78, but my local is cheap a double and mixer £2.39. Eating out in marjorca is reasonable but they make their money on the drinks in the restaurants.

We have done all of the trips in majorca more than once and we buy some lunch, have a few drinks in the evening 2 adults and 1 teenager we spent around £350 for the week. If a couple likes to go out all evening to the early hours they would get through the money.

I tell you where I went that was expensive the ice hotel in sweden, a cocktail was £17.50 in the ice bar and it was a small cocktail. Me and a mate had 2 cocktails each £70 and there was only cocktails. Some of the people would spend all night in the bar and they must of had very big pockets.

What did happen in majorca after the euro prices went up sharply but as tourist were driven away the prices dropped to a more reasonable level and this is what might happen in turkey in the end as tourist stay away.

The euro has ruined europe and even the locals don't like it. greece was always cheap but after the euro people who went every year said the price has rocketed. Cyprus has the euro now and prices have gone up 30% since its introduction and cyprus was not cheap in the first place.

What is happening the tourist resorts are becoming more expensive than london where I live and its all down to greed by property management companies who charge bar and restaurants lease's high rents and who in turn have charge the earth to make a profit.

You think prices in turkey have gone up now, wait until they get the euro if they join the EU.

Anybody looking for cheap prices thialand is the place to go and its not more than going to a 4* hotel in the med.
That's really interesting, thanks.

I had almost decided on the Manuela in Bitez rather than Majorca but as we are stuck to travelling in the 6 week holidays the flights are looking like they will price me out this year to either majorca or turkey.

As I hate to have to "scrimp" on holiday I think we will wait until next summer and start saving now.

I think we will aim for Bitez in the summer of 2009 :cheers :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.