Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
it depends on what you want to eat and where but basically its not too bad it works out about 5-0 - 60 euros for a family of 4 to eat out in the evening including drinks and deserts

depends on what you like there are cheap places and then there are dearer places
I'd guess most places a beer is about 2.5 euros!
A meal aprox 10 euros (adult)

We're off to the Marina Torrenova in the summer and I've read that a pint of beer is €3.80 :(
I think thats the most I've ever seen it in Spain!
3.80 a Pint?

We paid over 4 euros a pint in Benidorm, and a customer of ours had a pint in Palma last week and paid 5.50 for a pint of "local" beer in a half litre glass (about 20% less than a pint)

Just for information, we are an Entertainment Bar (where you'd expect to pay a little more) and we charge 3 euros for a (proper) pint of Carling, but 3.50 for a pint of Worthington Creamflow Bitter and Strongbow Cider. I think there are places in Palma Nova where drinks will be cheaper than that, but certainly there are places more expensive.

I'm told the Stadium in Palma Nova puts on good entertainment, but the prices are steep - always ask first if it's an issue.
3.80 a Pint?

yes. or half litre?

I havent paid 4 euros for a pint so my remark is correct!!!

Plus I'd rather pay 3.5 euros for San Miguel/ Mahoo/ Estrella than 3 euros for Carling!
A couple of points to make clear here, I think.

First there is about 15% difference between an "Imperial" Pint and a Half Litre. Nearly all bars (Spanish or British) refer to pints, whereas most Spanish bars actually serve "local" spanish brews in the smaller half litre glasses.

Secondly, preferences aside (I think it's fair to assume Chivas doesn't like Carling) the wholesale price of "premium" International lagers such as Heineken, Carling and Fosters is about 30% higher than the Spanish brews, so all other things being equal, you would expect the retail price of a Spanish "Pint" to be maybe 40% cheaper than a premium lager served in a Proper pint glass.

Obviously there are dozens of other factors to take into consideration when choosing where to drink, such as location, service, Sattelite Television, Large screens, Entertainment etc etc, and most importantly where you feel most comfortable, but to contrast the cost of a pint in one place with another is sometimes misleading.

You pays your money, and you takes your choice! :glynis

Cheers

Adam
95 cents a pint san miguel :wave: ( Spanish pint as Goodfellow points out rightly is 0.4 liter ) will not name bar as would be advertising but walk down the first street off the beach in Magaluf behind the Jamaica hotel ( not advertising as it is closed ) look For huge yellow sign on the pavement
can't miss it bar upstairs has big tv sky sports huge terrace sun trap :sun2 ps I do not own a bar just for the record
marina torrenova hotel is a great hotel,but the price of drinks are very expensive,but it puts on top shows at night so we have paid it to watch them
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.