Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi its been a while now since I posted and was wondering if anyone knows anything about vegetarian food in Palma Nova?

thanks!

:cheers
this might sound dat but do vegtarians eat fish if they do you will be sorted but if not a ,lot of the bars, cafes, restaurants haev some veggie food i only know this as i dont eat pork and the spanish love their pig they will eat and mix it with anything so we tended to go for the veggie dishes which were pasta and tomaotoe sauce, a spanish tortilla, sardines, grilled aurbugines and courgettes etc

i visit Katies BAr and restaurant on Son Matias beach and haev their veggie option for breakfast and sometimes lunch - nice staff and nice atmosphere in there

i am sure even goodfellows donw in magaluf also have veggie options

we survived and we were there for the whole month of August and mu kids were fine

i am sure you will find somewhere
Hi Kelly

My hubbie is veggie and copes OK in Mallorca, although not in Palma Nova.

He does have to eat a lot of pasta, but there is normally a Spanish omlette on a menu, and sometimes a plain pizza.

Some places now do spinach croquettes, either as a starter or you can have them as a main course and they are yummy!

We always try and find an Indian too (plenty in Palma) as they are good for veggies.

Have a good time

Pat
xx
Thanks W London and Pat, really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

W London, vegetarians don't eat fish those that do that call themselves vegetarians instead have a pescetarian diet (no meat but they do eat fish) but most call themselves vegetarians when they are pesceterians :) .

If anyone else has any restaurant/cafe suggestions that would be great saves me trawling every restaurant in Palma Nova when I get there lol!! :D
Hi Kelly

I am not a vegetarian, but I don't eat fish or pork.
I don't eat meat burgers or sausages either, so I do tend to eat lots of veggies meals.

I can't think of any veggie restaurants or cafes, but I did see the usual options on the menus, Jacket Pot, Veggie Lasagna, Pizza.

I hope someone can help you.
Just an update for other vegetarians thinking of holidaying in palma nova I returned from Majorca on Saturday and vege food was few and far between.

We stayed half board in the hotel mimosa park and the food was pretty disapointing for vegetarians. The first night I had a choice of pasta, chips, potatoes, salad, veg, the second night I had a choice of pasta, chips, potatoes, salad, veg. I did fill in a questionaire where I complained about the lack of choice and they did 'try' the next night where I no longer had pasta but I did have a tray of hot sweetcorn? and next to it a sign saying vegetarian and inside the tray of food was artichoke and HAM??!

I found one restaurant that did vegetarian paella I cannot remember the name of it but it was on the way to the beach on the corner the paella was nice and also sold what most other restaurants sold "pork, steak, prawn cocktails..." Other choices in cafes were mainly jacket spuds, chips and toasties? no tasty cuisine :tongue

So all in all if I was going to go again I would go self catering and cook my own food.

So there you go! weather was nice though and had some lovely cocktails and basically just chilled out.

Kelly x
did none of you think to go come out of the touristy places and then you would of got some decent food apartfrom Steak and chips etc -

they haev some nice Tapas that are vegge

Spanish Tortilla
marinanded mushromms
cheese pinchos
Olive and tomatoe pate
amongst others

Paella

Spanish Vegetable Broth

Baked Potatoes and Mojo Sauce

Guadalajara

Almond Capsicum Stew

Orange Spinach Nutty Salad

Valencian

these are all popular spanish vege dishes which you will find in a lot of spanish towns etc but not so much in the touristy areas

glad you still enjoyed yourselves
did none of you think to go come out of the touristy places and then you would of got some decent food apartfrom Steak and chips etc -

:duh

I am well aware of the meditteranean cuisine and would have loved to go out of the touristy areas. I prefer culture and to not just going to a hot country to enjoy British food and ideas of a good night out, its like Blackpool with sunshine.

The steak, chips and prawn cocktails is what they used to sell in the 1980's when I was a child going with a family to Majorca. On a 5 day holiday that my younger sister wanted, a beach break, so I did what she wanted. Sometimes we have to compromise what our ideas of a holiday are for other people.

And, many people prefer just going to a place where culture is not involved and just go for the sun.
okay no need to beat me wiht a stick ;)

but i am glad you had agood time

we alwasy go self catering as its cheaper get more choice out of food as you buy it yourself and then you dont feel so bound to your hotel as you can go out to eat and get lost trying to find where the locals eat

i do however disagree wiht your statment of no tasty cuisine - as well you didnt really go looking for good food cos if you did you would of found places in abundance that did tassty spanish and med cuisine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.