Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
sandra25,

It depends who you are flying with and any deals they have, but it may be as cheap to buy cigarettes on the flight as the airport. You'll find lots of pricing information for Turkish resorts on the following topic: Cost of Turkey this year.

Darren
Hi darren
Thanks for reply, we are flying with onur air , same as last year but cant recall at all how much things were,think we actually got our duty free in cork airport

Was just interested to see if things had gone up that much, as lots of posters on here saying turkey gone very dear now, well after paying our ptices here in roi i think we still going to find turkey very cheap
Sandra
sandra25,

Prices onboard Onur Air are usually the same as at the Turkish airports, ie cheap. Bear in mind they may not always stock, or have any stock left on outbound flights. Turkey is as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. Things have gone up slightly, but it's still cheaper in general than eurozone countries.

Darren
Well we've been out here in Gumbet for the last 10 weeks and to be honest, prices haven't risen very much since last year. You can eat as cheaply as you wish - or go for a lovely blow out meal, there really is so much choice. A large Efes will cost you on average 5 lira but you can find it cheaper, a vodka and mixer averages around 7 lira and cocktails around 10 lira. If you need to buy cigarettes in resort (not English brands which tend to be fakes), Marlboro are 7 lira, but you can get cheaper Turkish ones - I'm currently on LD which are 4.25 lira and are okay.
Hi jakki
Thanks for reply, thats put me mind at rest a bit to know prices havnt risen madly, will probably get the ciggies in duty free either on way or when we land at bodrum, i presume we can still go duty free on arrivals there
Have all the bulding works finished now, we are staying at parkim ayaz again , and was told some weeks back it was nearly all finished outside there
Thanks again
sandra
Building works have all finished now so no need to worry about that anymore.
Hi kedi
Thanks, thats a relief to know all the bulding work is finished i bet gumbet looks lovely , cant wait to get there only just over 2 weeks left to go now !
sandra
Gumbet is looking really good - so much more airy and open. The shops look "posher" too although there are still one or two empty ones.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.