Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
All my rentals in the Algarve have been private and I've never been asked for this type of information. :que I have rented from a Portugese company but they used a British rental website holidayrentals.co.uk.

Where is the accommodation etc and maybe the members on here can find you something similar which doesn't request such details.
Thanks for your reply Glynis

The apartment is in Lagos not far from the Marina. Have stayed in Lagos before in private rentals but choose this over previous rentals as the price is reasonable and we're just looking for a cheap break. I'm going to email the owner and ask if he would be happy to proceed without ID if not i'm sure we'll find something else.
Going in April, looking for a small apartment nothing fancy but the difficult bit, would like a pool and to be near/walking distance to the Marina or old town rather than Dona Ana area. Not asking much but I'll have fun looking .
I'd advise NEVER to give out this sort of information. If they have your email address and possibly your home contact details then that is more than enough. Presumably they require a deposit from you, so that will be your bond. Don't give them that sort of personal info. You might live to regret it if you did especially since these people are unknown to you.
Thanks Jade

They have our email and i would be paying a deposit with the balance payable on arrival. Just waiting to hear if they will go ahead without ID, if not we'll look elsewhere.
Just to update, now had a relpy from the owner who says he will be happy to see ID on arrival, so going to go ahead and book, thanks for your replies.
Al enjoy your holiday, as jade posted I would be reluctant to give this information, maybe its because they can then trace you should their be any problems at the property after you have departed, like hotels do when you book in they ask for your passport. I have never heard of this procedure though from private rental owners. Cheers jayjan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.