EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
i think you can't be insured on your property until you get your tapu. we were out in altinkim in early oct. and friends are still waiting for theirs. we were renewing our insurance so asked about theirs. they have to wait for the tapu coming.
get a few prices. the first year our insurance was £128 for a three bed apartment, for building, contents, and earthquake insurance. this sept. it cost £138. we upped the buildings insurance taking into account the increase in value of the property. the cost of the earthquake insurance had gone up, which the government determine. as it was our second year we got a discount so we were quite happy with the quote and went ahead. you should be able to get the policy details in english now. the first time we could not read a thing. most banks do insurance. also ask other buyers where they got theirs.
hope this will help.
Thanks Franny, I am a bit uneasy about not having insurnce before the Tapu arrives. Suppose I had some-one renting the place and caused damaged, or leaving the place empty and having things stolen or bad weather causing damage to the property in the meantime...as the Tapu will take weeks yet..surely the builder would not coff up for any of these eventualities.
Hello, Like you we still han't got our tapu through yet with the change in the law relating to military permission. Our builder insured the property for earthquake but now that we have completed the furnishings and fittings we were alittle worried about insuring the place for any eventuality. Our builder took us to a broker in bodrum as he speaks very good english.The agent was very helpfull,she too spoke good english. We took out fully comprehensive insurance which covered every thing including full medical insurance for anyone staying in the apartment. The cost was 199.36YTL which we thought was good,and much cheaper than insurance in the uk. This covered an ammount well above what we have spent and should allow for inflation. The name of the insurance company is RAY SIGORTA. Web:www.raysigorta.com.tr and E-mail bilgi@raysigorta.com.tr. I asked our builer if many other owners of new property insure them and his reply was very few! Their office in Bodrum by the way is about 400yds from the bus station in Bodrum. :D :D
Thanks for that I will look them up. Where about in Bodrum did you buy?Have you paid everything for the property, or have you held back until you get your Tapu? Do you rent the property out, if so can you also recommend a good agent...if you don't ask you don't get!
Hello Pyramid, yes the property is paid in full. Its a new complex in Konacik, with views over Bitez. This is our second property in the area the first one we sold in July. We don't rent the property so i don't think i am the right person to ask on letting. I do know that our agent oversee's letting. her name is Lynne Rose, E-mail info@turkeyproperties.co.uk you might try her,she is english and very helpfull.The properties she took us to see were all new and all of them were very good.We liked all of them but the one we settled for has wonderfull panoramic views of Bitez bay and Kos and has a huge illuminated pool. :D :D :D Hope this has been of help.
Hello Pyramid , one thing i forgot to mention re insurance. Let your advocat read it first and leave them a copy so that he/she can deal with any claims in your absence. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.