Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Certainly not walking distance as it's a good few miles along the coast. A taxi in 2007 for the journey was approx £9-12CYP. The Eman local bus runs right through Protaras to the centre of Ayia Napa and runs approx every "Cypriot" half hour or so again in 2007 it was 70 Cypriot Cents.

Can't help regarding the prices as yet as first trip of the year not until May the holiday season doesn't start until end of April so not too many returning visitors yet except those who will return just after Easter hols. The geneal concensus amongst ex pats is that it hasn't altered much despite the change over from CYP to EUROS. Have a look at this recent topic - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=114153
Oh thats great thanks. So for a taxi we'd be talking around 15gbp? what is the nights out like in protaras? i like the sound of Ayia Napa but dont want to be there every night. Isit fairly lively? I'm 28 so my music taste is pritty much current chart music.
Mike, from what I've heard Protaras is like a family version of Aya Napa. Make sure you get to the Water Park in Napa, superb day out.
Mike, you will be able to pick up a bus during the day to Napa very easily, I guess you are in Pernera & the bus stop is a 5min walks from the Tsokkos Hotels. Beer varies in price and there is the usual cheap bars to reel in the punters! normal price for Keo or Carlesburg is around 2.6 - 3 Euros in the bars that are open.
There are loads of pubs in Protaras and a couple of clubs, more than enough to keep you entertained on the nights that you don't go to Napa. Napa is however, a completely different scene as you will soon find out! Enjoy.........
i like the sound of Ayia Napa but dont want to be there every night. Isit fairly lively? I'm 28 so my music taste is pritty much current chart music.

What time of year are you going ?
Napa is very lively with a mixed age range of people, Protaras is very much a family resort but there are some good bars to keep you entertained.....it's not my cup of tea but then I'm an out & out Napa fan :tup

There's every type of music available in Ayia Napa so whatever your into it's there, each club tends to stick to one type as a rule of thumb. Then there are special nights sometimes hosted by top name Dj's. 100s of bars to choose from and they pretty much play all types throughout the night. Most of the bars/clubs are centred around "The Square" which is pretty easy to find.....just follow everyone else :cheers

I think the last bus leaves Protaras strip at around 8:30-9:00 and vice versa so you'd have to get a cab back for sure, the clubs in Napa are open until 4am as a general rule of thumb. Expect to pay slightly more after 1am as they add a slight surcharge. The minimum fare tends to 8EU regardless of how short the trip. I rekcon you should budget around 17 Euro per trip into Napa.

The waterpark is a great day out and unfortunately they haven't updated the website with the 2008 prices as yet but again if it's based on 2007 it should be about 25 Euro pp, but thats a full day out and you can get all the way to the waterpark which is outside Napa on the local bus the journey from Protaras takes about 40 minutes, the same bus passes the famous Nissi Beach en route if you fancy a change of scenery from Fig Tree Bay one day.
Hiya Mike, I tried to book to go to the Tsokkos Hotel on 30th July for 10 nites but fully booked, I am going with my family to Anastacia Beach Hotel instead. What time of year are you going? We have heard some great things about the water park as well so hopefully be going there
We stayed in Pernera and often went into Protaras which is that bit louder than Pernera... Napa is a very different animal ! Our offspring went (crawled back at about 4am) said it was fantastic, loud, busy, in your face etc...

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.