Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi everyone

We (my partner our 5 kids and myself) are going to Pernera on 20th October for 10 nights, we are getting married at Paralimni Town Hall on 22nd October.

I have been to Cyprus before mid summer and found it too hot and too busy so I am looking forward to it being a little bit queter.

I agree that it may be quieter these days with the recession and TO's not dropping their prices, unfortunately with myself working in a school we have no option but to go during the school holidays, I guess if Pernera and Protaras are too quiet we will have to make our way to Paphos etc if we want something a bit more lively in October.
Just as a matter of follow up, I am pleased to say that Thomas Cook have finally today agreed to offer us compensation for our disasterous holiday in October. They had responded to my initial complaint by saying what do you expect if you book a week away in the winter; its reflected in the price you pay etc. etc. Needless to say, as this was a school holiday, the cost was around £600 more than at any other time prior to this week. Anyway, they have now conceeded that they didn't give us the holiday they advertised and we paid for and we have been given a voucher to put against a further holiday.
you had more luck than me i got nowhere good on ya for persevering !!
To be honest Tezmand, we were on the point of giving up - never had to complain before - but when they made the comment about a cheap holiday, we had the bit between our teeth!! We still don't think they have offered us much considering the cost of the holiday, but we have got to the point that it will mean going to Small Claims Court and we really do have better things to do so have relented :)
nice one at least you got something and showed they cannot do this to people i agree with everything you have said in all posts and like you its put me off cyprus,enjoy ya next hols
[QUOTE=wulmac;1413675]Try sharm el sheik next time same flight time as cyprus,fairly inexpensive and locals dying to please you also warm sunshine all year round

We go to SSH most Novembers now BUT as IAmWriting this in Pernara can comment on both and it is this

In Sharm my wife will NOT got shopping alone due to the locals "dying to greet you"
BUT has no such problem here in Pernera or Protaras as this place is so laid back

will say the locals are complaining about the Euro and the cost of things like bread and milk and want the place to stay open longer so they can earn more regular incomes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.