Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
hotter than april but you may get odd bits of rain
probably a little bit busier then april as its the final bits of the summer season.
lots of people tend to pick october as its a little bit quiter than full on main season....

just enjoy what you get... when its busy you are at the bar shouting to orders and getting a drink... when its bit quieter you get chatting to the owner/staff and learning a lot more about what is going on...

:tup

Steve
September is the best month in my opinion
thanks for your comment iallen . . why do u think september is the best month? what makes it the best? we can't decided between september and october because we have never been there that time of year. i went in april with my family as a teenager then me and my fiance went march/april last year. we have never been during the 2nd half of the year x
we always go either May or the first couple of weeks in October, yes some of the bars begin to shut but there is still plenty to do, the weather is usually nice [but not over hot] and the evenings cool [but not cold] and the added bonus Most school age kids are where they should be so there isn't so much noise or hassle

yasus
wizard
the latest i have been is going on the 26th september and coming back on the 10th october, weather was beautiful did not see any rain. going to pernera on the 2nd october till the 16th october, anybody been that late in the season before.
we went to Protaras same time last year gorgeous weather did the short boat trip up to Famagusta then down to the bay in the national park area what a welcome breeze.... also been Permera and Pafos same time of year

yasus
wizard
October is my favourite time to go. We have been going second and third week for years and always have lovely weather. We have seen a few thunderstorms but they have been at night and the sun is shining again in the morning. We usually go twice every year in June and October. :)
Thank you for all of your comments :)
Bookiesgirl, you are going the same dates that we have been looking at!
Sounds like october is a good time to go. just hope we can find a holiday for a reasonable price for then. When i was a teenager we stayed at the ketsios appartments which were lovely, but last year we stayed in constantinos the great. We were really lucky and had the holiday at a really cheap price, the constantinos is amazing!!! We definately can't afford to go back there this year, just hope we can find somewhere that may live up to it. can any of you reccommend anywhere? I have looked at the hotel reviews on here but a lot of them are mixed in their opinions. We want to stay somewhere right on the beach either flamingo bay or fig tree bay, but we are struggling to remember the hotels/appartments that are right on the beach. Thank you x
have a look at olympic good offers at the moment,cant believe i got a fortnight for £325, really pleased with that.am paying £550 pounds next year in paphos, but have booked early as there are 6 of us going, it is my mum and dads golden wedding anniversary.
thanks for the tip about olympic! Sounds like you got a real bargain! are you going self catering, half board or AI? Hope both of your trips to Cyprus are enjoyable. Cyprus is the most amazing place, its like it just draws you in. I've never been on holiday anywhere else where i've wanted to go back again. I just got this burning desire in me to return to cyprus :)
going self catering, always take some bacon with us and a couple of packets of crumpets for breakfast. like trying different places to eat at night. also went in to thomsons and have booked a car for eight days and paid for an apartment in paphos for two nights which we always do. next year we will be coming up to pernera for a couple of nights. have always done that every time we have been to cyprus.
We are going for the first two weeks in October again this year, have been the past couple of years for the same weeks. Have to say having been in June & July as well, I prefer October, lovely weather, bars etc a bit quieter but still have a great time.
For the past 5 years we've been to Greece in August but our holiday this year was cancelled because of airline demise! We've never been to Cyprus before but having read these forums I've just booked in Protoras for the first week in October. Thank you for helping us to make up our mind where to go.We've just had confirmation that flights, hotel are available but I'm almost afraid to get so excited about it after our recent disappointment!!Just over a month to wait
you will be excited when you see fig tree bay
i always go in september hot but not too hot, i went on 15th october one year and the weather wasnt very good rain for two days, ive been going in september for the last ten year
Beginning to get excited now!I can hardly believe that in 3 weeks time we'll be there!
im getting excited as well, wishing my life away, cant wait till the 1st october.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.