Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
In May you can expect 25°C + average temperatures, but you may get the odd showers of rain (even if it does it tends not to last long and dries up quickly, nothing like being in the UK)

Not sure about swimming.. it might be a little chilli for some.. other will say its ok in the middle of December ! lol

Due to the weather being wetter over the winter months it doest mean there is more plant life growing at the early end of the year, but nothing like being in the UK country side....

Steve
We went last year in the last week of May,Weather was always in the 30's :sun2, and the water temp was quite comfortable.
Thank you very much for the replies.

Is there a big difference in the weather at the end of May and in the second week of June(two weeks later)?
It will get hotter by the day going from May into June,But dont worry May will give you a great tan :sun2
Hi,
Our grandchildren have been in April and been swimming in the sea no problems. I was there on 8th May last year for a week, I was in the sea and the swimming pool, i have been loads of times in at the beginning of May and been in the sea and pool every day.

I will say take a cardi for evening if the wind gets up it can be a little cool, but red hot through the day.

I have just checked my photos from last May -- 08:30 in full sun 26C-- 11am in full sun 40C --- 2pm in full sun 50c --- :sun2

I wanted to see if I needed to put an awning up on the spot where i would be sunbathing and how hot it got round the pool for the baby. :)
Re Hayfever

My son suffers really badly with hayfever in England but has never had any symptoms in Cyprus at all and we go every June to Protaras. :D
Thank you very much indeed everyone!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.