Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
We went to Costa Teguise in Septmeber/October time and we didn't find it all that bad. Infact sometimes its nice to have a breeze.

Sarah
I've been to Puerto del Carmen three times, all around November time. The first time was windy, so bad that if you didn't lie on a sunbed you got sandblasted as you lay on the beach. I held a beach towel up and it blew it horizontal the wind was that strong. The other times it was very calm, hardly any wind at all and lots of sunshine. I think it's just the luck of the draw.
Because of the trade winds, Lanzarote can be very breezy, especially in the afternoon and the summer months though on hot sunny days it also provides welcome relief from the searing heat of the sun. Of the 3 main resorts of PDC, Playa Blanca and Costa Teguise, the latter generally has the windiest climate because of it's location.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.