Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Lovely place - stayed there for a week in a one bed apartment which was spacious and good quality. We got a good deal and it was well worth the money we paid. Three swimming pools - 2 quieter than the main pool but quite small and not much room/sunbeds around them Loads to do for kids and plenty entertainment - well geared up for families. Close to the marina - not much in the immediate vicinity in terms of bars/restaurants but a pleasant walk into the main area of Cala D'Or by walking round the marina - takes about 15-20 mins if I remember rightly. Quite a big complex, but nicely spread out in well kept gardens with shop on site which was handy and the land train which stopped outside reception. Don't know about the food - ate out all the time. We really enjoyed our stay here. :)
Our reviews for this accommodation are Click Here
The nearest beach is a good 5 minute walk to Des pou at Cala Egos, it is quite small and gets very crowded in August, otherwise you can get the little train that passes puerto sol every hour to Cala Mondrago beach that will still be busy but is a fantastic bay with 2 beaches that both have facilities on them and the kids will love it here. You can also get the boat taxi from Cala Egos each morning returning in the afternoon also good for the kids. There are quite a few bars around the complex that are easy to walk to without going to Cala D'or (15 mins)or Cala Egos. (10 mins) and loads of resturants if you need them. Its in a good central position for staying but not if you want a decent beach on your doorstep.
28SAC
Stayed here year before last and found it to be OK (we had a private apartment so can't comment on food entertainment etc.). The pools aren't very big, get very crowded and as the previous reply mentioned there aren't many sunbeds. If the price is good and you are happy to explore then I'm sure it will be a good base.

The marina is a couple of minutes away and is an excellent evening out. Getting around Cala D'or is easy and there are several beaches.

Hope that helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.