Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
thanks for that ,i was hoping someone would come on and tell me in person what its like ,most people who do reviews seem to be doing it to complain :roll: at least thats how it seems when reading a lot of reviews.
Have not stopped in the apartments so can not comment but walked through the complex last week. They are at the Cala Egos side of the marina on a slight hill, very short walk to the water side and the main marina bars and resturants. 10 min walk to Egos and a 15 min walk to Cala D'or center around the other side of the marina. No fishing is allowed in the marina area but it is ok from the rocky areas just outside the inlet. A good walk from where you are is to Porto Petro, it took us about 30 mins from Egos so mayby an extra 10 min for you to PP.
A nice litte port with a few bars a resturants but no beach but you could carry on and walk to Cala Mondrago which is the best 2 beaches in the area, another 30 mins though. Taxis can be called from the beach bar for the return if you dont fancy the walk back or the small train goes back to the marina every hour from the beach. In cala Egos is a small bowling alley with other types of amusement games that keeps the kids and adults busy if it is too hot or they want a change from the beach.
Have a look at
http://www.caladorscene.com
you can pick the book up at most bars around cala d'or, it is a good guide if you do not know the area.
best of luck
Steve.
thanks for the reply steve and for the info on the area,we dont mind a walk now and then so its good to know we can walk to different places if we choose to.
hi elayne - apartment we had there was very nice - I was impressed. We had a one bed (we have 2 daughters), and there was plenty room and it was a very good standard. This is quite a big complex, and we were as far away from reception and the pools as you could be, but it wasn't that far and didn't cause us a problem.

Pools are far too small for the size of the complex - the ony gripe I have about the place. The main pool gets very busy - plenty going on round there fir the kids, and there are 2 other pools, but hardly any sunbeds round them, and pretty small. Handy shop and snack bar, and beside the marina where you can take a nice stroll in the evening.

Apart from the pools being a little disappointing, nothing else was, and I would go back. Hope you enjoy it!
thanks for that it sounds like we should enjoy it then , only 5 weeks to go now and we cant wait.what are the prices like at the marina i supose resteraunts are expensive there compaired to elsewhere?.although were going all inclusive we do like to eat out now and then for a change of scenary as much as the food :wink: .
Most of the resturants around the marina are very reasonably and we find that some of the resturants in the town center are more expensive.
There are some that are very expensive but they are not so popular.
We had a waterside table at Sancora resturant 3 courses and wine and drinks/coffes for 4 adults for €140 or £25 each and the food was excellent.
If you fancy a treat then try there.
Have a great time
Steve.
Book a table along the waterfront at the Acuarius restaurant situated at the marina - we ate there nearly every night last year - superb! Can't wait till September!!
thanks for the recomendations we will be sure to try them out while were there.are there any fishermen who know where to try a bit of fishing within easy walking distance from the apartments ,also what tactics to try etc.my husband likes to be up early and do a spot of fishing before breakfast who knows we might have fish for breakfast if we can find a small barbecue :lol: .
Hi
Hi we are a family fo 2 adults and 3 kids aged 5, 13, and 15 and we are going to cala dor , aparthotel puerto del sol in 2 weeks. I have read various reviews ranging from people saying its diabolical 1/10 to other saying they had a fab time 9/10. We appreciate its a 3* hotel, so only expect to get what weve paid for, but would like to know if anyone has been here in the past couple of weeks and their views. A lot of people have said that you cant get a sunbed by the pool, unless you put your towel on them b4 6am, what I cant understand is if when you go to the pool, if there are towels but no people on the beds, why cant you just remove their towels?? Looking forward to hearing from you thanks :D
hi elaine, im off to this hotel in 2 weeks, what did you think to it? thanks
Hi, I have split your post from where you posted it, as it was in danger of being missed.

Whilst you are waiting for some replies, why not check out our reviews HERE

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.