Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Have a look at the reviews HERE while you wait for replies :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi Mandy

We're going to the Puerto Tahiche on thursday, will try and post message from over there, if not will post review on return.

Willie
location wise, the puerto tahiche couldn't be much better. 2 beaches within a very short distance, good restaurants on your doorstep. Across the road is a good bar with entertainment and there's many more within 1, 2, maybe 3 minutes walk
Puerto Tahiche is right on the beach and in a good location, rooms are fairly small but ok, food was fine, my only complaint about this hotel was the cockroaches, our room was on the 1st floor and was rife with them.
hi
Just back from Puerto Tahiche, location is perfect for beaches and for bars and resteraunts shops ect. Only letdown was the entertainment for the adults it was very amatuerish and they tended to try to cover this by being as loud as they could, the kids seemed to enjoy their entertainment.

Willie
Hiya,
we stayed at the teguisol last summer ( 2006) with thomas cook, and it was brilliant, thomas cook have changed the entertainment and it's animated,( they mime ),also while we really enjoyed our holiday, it was a bit out of town, where as the puerto tahiche is bang in the centre of everything. out of the 2 i would opt for the latter ,and enjoy, remember your holiday is what YOU make it,
Dear magsandmattie. I went to C.T. and stayed at the Puerto Tahiche. It was without doubt the worst holiday of my life, the hotel is dirty, smelly and noisy. Catering for families with children. We waited 4 hours to get into our room and then I had to clean it, it was disgusting, food on the cooker, microwave floor, dust and balls of hair everywhere. This hotel should in reality scrape by with 1* certainly not three. Counted 5 rats while we were there.
The good points are that the hotel is right on the beach, but having asked for a sea view it came with all the karaoke bars, discos, pubs, fast food outlets etc. To me it was like Blackpool in the sun. The wind in C.T. is very strong and relentless, although it has a cooling effect you can actually burn very quickly. My advice is go anywhere but Lanzarote and the Puerto Tahiche. We had 2 weeks of misery and tears.
hi beachlizard,
sorry you didn't like Lanzarote or the named hotel,, i have been to Lanzarote 3 times now and enjoyed it each time,after all a holiday is what you make it, :? :shock:
Hi beachlizard
Sorry you didn't like the Puerto Tahiche, you must have been on holiday at a different time from me. I came back 4 weeks ago after having a great time both on complex and off it. We had a room in the old part but it was clean and no smell, we saw no rats and only a couple of cockroaches outside the apartment none in it. I've been to Blackpool twice and the hotels were filthy both times and I would not compare C.T to blackpool. People go to places like Costa teguise for the sun sea and all the tourist trappings like bars resteraunts and karaoke etc.
As for the apartment and staff we found them very helpful, one incident we had was when our grandson managed to knock a full bottle of vodka from the table smashing on the floor, I went to reception, asked if I could borrow a mop and pail to clear it up, I was told no because i was on holiday the hotel staff would clean it up and the cleaner was in the apartment cleaning it up before I got back to it. The only noisy times were the last few days when a few london families arrived and all they did was get drunk and argue with each other. Apart from that we had a great holiday at a great place.

Hope your next holiday is better for you.

Willie
Counted 5 rats while we were there.

I have worked overseas for 5 years and I have worked in some of the worst hotels and apartments there are and I can honestly say I have never seen rats.

I know the Puerto Tahiche very well and whilst it might have it's faults (the same as every hotel of any rating) I found it an excellent complex. Location, staff and cleanliness are all to a good and acceptable standard.

As others have said a holiday is what you make it and over the 5 years I have seen and had people trying their hardest to make it a bad holiday.

If you want a central location in a good resort you can't go wrong with the Puerto Tahiche

Hope this helps

Mike
Thanks for that Mike, I am going there tomorrow and really looking forward to it. I have also met people over the years who are determined to have a bad holiday
We have just returned from Puerto Tahiche and will definitely be going there again. Its very clean, the food and facilities are very good and the staff are wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The whole resort is very pleasant and we recommend Lively Ladies for excellent entertainment value
I'd be grateful if you'd post your review HERE please.

Pippy :D
i have been looking around for information on the puerto tahiche regarding going all inclusive. I would like to know the hours to get alcohol and also is there any hidden extras that they dont tell you ? ie need to pay for snacks , pool tables etc

thank you
terybho1

We went to Puerto Tahiche at end of september, we upgraded to all inclusive on site as it was cheaper than going through the travel agent. Alcohol available from pool bar all day till it closes at night.
Beer and wine in resteraunt help yourself (all on tap).
Free snacks were only available in resteraunt, you had to pay in pool bars.
Cocktails were free but very basic.
Pool tables had to be paid for.
We did eat out a few times as the deal we got was quite cheap so we did not mind missing the odd meal as we made up for it through the day in drink.

Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Willie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.