Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
The 3 hotels are

1Iberostar Punta Cana

2 Gan Bahia Principe

3 Ocean Blue & Sand?
Hi Maiseydaiseydoo........ I have been to the Iberostar and the beach and grounds are stunning,,,,, the kids club was really good and the entertainment and staff are also very good too. I do not think you will be disappointed with any of these choices :cheers
We are also looking at the iberostar Tucan mexico!!

This is where it is getting harder too choose!
We are off to Iberostar Paraiso Maya in July.... we chose this as it is part of a group of 4 and you can use the facilities of all 4 when you stay at Maya or Lindo. It also has a wave pool and lazy river for the kids take a peep at it .......
Just looked at your hotel !!!

..£3980!!!
Our budget is about £3100!!!

There are so many different hotels around the same price.

I think we might be getting to a Mexico (subject)?...
We have booked for June,

We decided on Ocean Blue&Sand!

Does anyone know the best block too be in?Like I said we are travelling with our 3yr old so near to the pool would be great! :sun2
Nice one thats just down from the Iberostars.........we walked down past that one when we were there and it seemed really nice ......hope you have a great time.

You will love Punta Cana airport Its the nicest one I have seen just like a thatched hut, you really feel like you have landed in paradise. :cheers
We are so excited!

What about the weather??

June11. :think
We went May 16th - June 1st and the weather was fantastic you will have a fabulous time regardlous xx
Can't wait!!

How long is the flight?

We have read,8hrs 30,?
Yes thats about right..... and then about 30 minutes transfer..... the roads are a little basic in places and they dont seem to have many signs. It seems like a bit of a free for all at times..... but its a fantastic place.

As I said before the airport is beautiful. The beaches are fantastic and the sea is super turquoise..... Have a great time and dont forget to leave a review for us all to read when you return :cheers
hiya dinnerlady we too are thinking of going here in june can you tell me are any of the hotels you talk about disabled friendly im in a wheelchair can walk a few yards if non of these ones are can you recommend any that is thank you
Hi there topofthetower,

I only satyed at the Iberostar Bavaro and it seemed extremely wheelchair friendly. There were no steps to worry about and lots of large clear walkways. We walked around the Iberostar Dominica and Punta Cana next door and they were nice too but thought the Bavaro was more wheelchair friendly.
Please dont hesitate to ask me any questions.

Lisa x
Ohhh can't wait!!

Are there any beach shops or places too browse?
Yes there are some beach shops just up from you, about 2 minutes walk. If you carry on past the beach shops you will pass the Iberostars , Bahia Principes,, Rius and then there is a shipwreck in the sea. Its lovely stretch of beach to walk up and down and very safe. Enjoy :cheers
thank you dinnerlady for your reply I will have a look at that one xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.