Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi mad mizzy,

Which area are you looking at for the Rius or Iberostar North Puerto Plata or East Punta Cana/Bavaro

Angie.
I am looking at either the rui bambu/bachata or the iberostar bavaro or costa dorada. my daughter (17)would also like to go horse riding she is quite good but I worry if the horses are well looked after as I know this would upset her if they were not. can you recommend anywhere? and when the best time of the day would be to go? thanks
Wifi Internet.

Riu Bambu..........no wifi....only Internet cafe on resort.
Iberostar Bavaro.............Rooms have modems to hook up to for $US13 for 24 hours.
or computers by the gift shop $US13 for 24 hours.

North Coast.
Bachata..........wifi in lobby $US3 for 15 minutes.
Iberostar Costa Dorada...............Wifi in lobby areas $US10 per hour the same as their computers in the Internet room, but you can pick up wifi on the beach from the hotel next door.........lol......dont know how reliable it is though.

For horse riding the Rancho Lorilar is the largest ranch on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic and they offer full day and half day horseback riding tours with English-speaking stable and guide staff. The horses are very well looked after and is the best horse riding stables to go to.

There is much more to do on the North Coast where you can get out and about than the East..........the East side of the island is just a whole stretch of beach with multiple hotels side by side, its more for R & R

Hope this helps.

Angie.
I have just been reading that The Riu Bambu will experience refurbishment from April 12th to June 18th, 2010 so I would'nt advise trying booking that resort.

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.